35.

"So where is Robin?" I ask, looking out the window, watching the lights flash past us.

"Well, after telling me she hated me, she went back to New York."

"That's it?" I look at him, the red light illuminating his face.

"That's it." The light turns green, and he presses the gas.

"Well, she obviously doesn't hate you enough to ruin your life." I state, and he smiles slightly.

"Ruin my life." He chuckles, and I sense a slight bitterness to it.

"Wrong choice of words..sorry." I bite my lip, sighing. He shakes his head, taking my hand and placing a long kiss on it, his eyes still glued to the road.

"Wait, don't turn in yet." I say, and he stops the car just outside the gates.

"What's up-" I cut him off, pulling him to my lips, only letting go when our faces were flushed and our lips swollen.

"Okay." I say, and we smile at each other.

He sits back in his seat, nothing but a cheesy grin on his face, driving us into the driveway.

. . .

"Hey Zoey, hope you're good. We should go out tonight, call me back okay?"

"Zoey! Sup, it's me...again...just wanted to make sure you got the voicemail, which was me telling you to call me back so we can make some-"

"Hi! Before I was rudely interrupted, just...call me back, let's go out. Okay. That's it. Call me back. Bye."

I sigh, my eyes wide, deleting each voicemail Truitt had sent me in the past hour.

"You gonna call him?" Hayden chuckles, passing me the cigarette as he gets up from bed. I take a long drag, deleting the last one.

"Are you actually giving me a choice when it comes to Truitt?" I gasp mockingly, feigning shock. I smirk when he gives me a look, putting the cig out and walking over to him.

The muscles in his back flex as he puts his shirt on, and I hug him from behind, resting my face on his back.

"I'll always give you a choice." He says softly, the low vibrations ring through my cheek. I kiss him, before turning him around.

"And I love you for that." I gleam up at him, scrunching up my face when he kisses my nose.

"Let's get something to eat before you go home."

. . .

Christmas finally came around, and it was perfect as usual. Quiet family time was everything I ever needed, and Hayden being there only made it better.

"I didn't really know what to get you, so I thought I'd let you add a few more charms to that bracelet of yours." Hayden says louder than usual in front of my parents, and I give him a weird look. He hands me a small box, before winking at me privately.

"Thanks for telling me what it is." I roll my eyes playfully, opening it.

"Really look at em when you're alone." He says, cautiously quiet. I nod, closing the box.

"Thanks Hayden." I hug him innocently, and strain as I let go, wanting to stay in his arms forever.

We continued exchanging gifts, I got Hayden a graphic tee of one of his favourite zombie films which he absolutely loved.

"Well, I'd better head home-"

"No no no, you've had way too much to drink, mister." Mom chimes in, shaking her head at Hayden.