30.

I watched him throw his bags into the Jeep with ease, hopping behind the wheel.

He waves goodbye, and all I focus on are the sounds of the pavement cracking against his tires as he leaves.

. . .

"We have to go!"

"I don't know, Kate."

"It's just three days!"

I look up at her, staring into her beady eyes as she willed me to say yes to a stupid field trip that we could go for with our class. I sigh, dropping my fry back on my plate.

"I'll think about it, okay?"

She rolls her eyes, falling back into her chair.

My phone vibrates, and I smile when I see his name.

Miss you so much. -H

Who wouldn't? ;)

I snicker softly as I send it.

Oh shit, sorry wrong number... -H

I roll my eyes, an uncontrollable smile at my lips.

I reply with a GIF of a baby crying, and soon we have a conversation consisting of nothing but GIFs.

"Who are you texting? You haven't stopped smiling for like five minutes."

"My cousin." I lock my phone, setting it down on the table. She snatches my phone before I could do anything about it.

"Katie-"

"Which cousin? And why do you have a password?" She raises a brow, and I sigh.

"My mom..snoops. Didn't want her finding messages of Truitt's past booty calls." I play it cool, and before she can question me further, the bell rings.

Thank god.

She gives me back my phone, and walks ahead of me toward her locker. I walk slowly, looking back at my phone.

Pick you up after school? -H

Duh. I reply, biting my lip.

I put my phone away, catching up with Katie, smiling to myself yet again.

. . .

"So, what did you learn at school today?" He smirks, and I punch his shoulder.

"Ow!" He laughs, massaging the spot.

He pulls out of the carpark, and heads the opposite direction from home.

"Are you kidnapping me?" I raise a brow, though I knew where he was taking me.

"Why would anyone wanna kidnap you?" He pulls a face, and my mouth falls open in offense.

"Asshole." I giggle, poking his rough cheek.

"You should be glad, dummy!"

. . .

"Okay, here we are." He says softly, without any excitement.

My lips spread into a wide smile as I drop my bag and explore the three bedroom apartment.

"Nice hot tub." I wink, brushing my shoulder past his chest as I pass him to make my way to the kitchen.

"You hungry?" He asks, leaning against the counter.

"Not right now." I say, and we sort of stand there looking at each other.

"What do you wanna do?" He hides his grin, looking down at his shoes. I smirk, rolling my eyes.

"I think you know."

He looks up at me through his lashes, licking his grin.

"Yeah, I do."

. . .

SO SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG AND FOR THE EXTREMELY SHORT CHAPTER. A lot has been going on in my personal life lately, so I'm trying to fit in writing when I can. Updates may be a little slower now, but I'll do the best I can!

Again, thanks for all the tremendous support, it definitely helps! :)