24.

"Hi, Hayden." she says, smiling. They shared a look of familiarity, before she laughs excitedly, hugging him tightly. Tears even welled up in her eyes. Amazing.

My parents beamed, watching the two. What was everyone's deal? Who the fuck is Robin?

"Hi, I'm Zoey." I awkwardly interject, and they finally let go of their embrace. Hayden looks down, as if just remembering I was there. Ouch.

"I'm Robin. You must be Charlie's kid." she grins, showing off her pearly whites and dimples.

Well yeah, no shit. I think to myself, but simply smile and nod like an angel on the outside.

"Come, we were just serving dinner." Mom says, putting her arm over Robin's shoulder, guiding her to the dining room.

"Surprise." my dad whispers to Hayden, giving him jazz hands simultaneously. Hayden simply chuckles, shaking his head. They enter the dining room too, Hayden looks back at me before doing so. I take a deep breath to urge myself to calm down before I follow them in.

We sit, the room is full of chatter and laughter. The chatter mainly coming from Robin bragging about how successful she was in New York, and how she landed her dream job and her perfect house and her stupid-

Hayden's hand caresses my knee under the table, and I realise everyone was looking at me massacre my steak in anger. I gulp softly, smiling at everyone.

"You okay?" he whispers, and I offer him an annoyed, toothy smile, taking a big piece of broccoli into my mouth. He softly sniggers at that, giving my knee one last squeeze before taking his hand away.

"So Zoey, enjoying school?" Robin asks, flipping her hair as she looked towards me, but she mainly eye raped Hayden.

"Yeah, its all rainbows and butterflies. So Robin, who exactly are you?" I smile and flutter my lashes innocently. Hayden seems to tense up at the question.

"Zoey, don't be rude!" mom scolds, but I ignore it.

"Oh, no its fine. I was a teenager once too." she laughs, though it was the fakest I'd ever heard.

"Well-" she starts, but Hayden clears his throat.

"A friend. From college." he says quickly, taking a sip of his beer. Robin seems to think this is hilarious, letting out yet another annoying fake laugh.

"Oh Haydy," she says sweetly, and I almost puke. Haydy. She places her hand on Hayden's forearm, her thumb moving back and forth, stroking him.

"Hayden and I definitely know each other very well from college," she smirks at him again, and I notice my mom shift uncomfortably while my dad let out a snicker. My blood begins to simmer as Hayden says nothing, only smiling at her, which pisses me off more.