32.

I walk outside, the robe lazily hanging from my half naked body.

"Boy, it's just a little pizz-" my eyes widen, and I suddenly can't breathe. Robin's beady eyes land on me, and her mouth falls open in disgust. I quickly pull at the robe to actually cover me.

"What the hell?!" She exclaims, looking from me to Hayden. Hayden looks stuck in shock as he struggles to form his words.

"I can explain-" she slaps his face, and I jump a little.

"You're fucking her?! You sick piece of shit-" She pushes him hard before leaving the apartment.

Hayden cusses before running to get a shirt.

"Hay-" I try, but he glares at me.

"I told you to stay the fuck inside!" He hisses, chasing after her. I'm stunned, I feel as though I'm going to puke. Tears fall freely from my eyes, both from the fact Robin knew, and from hearing Hayden shout at me like that. I've never seen that side of him.

I grab my things, stuffing it all into my duffel bag in one big mess, and leave the apartment. I grab a cab and head home, sobbing silently the whole way and receiving questioning looks from the cab driver. My heart wouldn't stop racing. I straighten out my face and hair to look as though I hadn't been crying before leaving the cab, but it does little for me.

It doesn't get easier when I enter the door to my parents.

"Where were you? I want the truth." My mom immediately starts. My parents look at me angrily, my mom's arms folded against her. Shit.

"I was at Katie's." I lie, trying to sound normal after sobbing.

"That's funny, because Katie came by asking whether you were home so you could plan your trip." My mom smiles bitterly, shaking her head at me.

"Where were you." She demands. I feel nauseous again, the lump in my throat growing, almost suffocating me at this point.

"I was at Truitt's." I lie again, and they look at me skeptical.

"Why?"

"Why else?" I say bluntly, hoping they wouldn't question me further. They look shocked, my dad visibly uncomfortable.

"Can I go up to my room now?"

"You can stay up there." my mom says angrily. They move away from the staircase, and I awkwardly jog up to my room.

Once inside, I grab my pillow, letting out a loud shaky cry into it.

I check my phone every five minutes for a call, or a text, anything from Hayden. But there was nothing.

This is it, I thought to myself, my body going into another hard sob. And I continued until my body simply couldn't do it anymore. Until I was numb.

. . .

Two weeks have passed and I still haven't heard from Hayden at all. I keep telling myself he just needed time to think. Maybe it was all too hard on him.

It was the last day of school before winter break, and the class was heading out for a ski trip tomorrow.

"I still can't believe you're not coming." Katie sighs, and I smile apologetically at her.

"A lot of stuff's going down at home. I'd rather not stir anything else up, Kate."

Just then, my phone goes off. I look down at it, and my heart quickens at the sight of Hayden's name on my Facebook wall.

"But you already paid." I hear Katie say, but all I focused on the bowl of instant noodles he posted a picture of. "The best cure after a hard night"? I guess it hasn't been all that hard on him. Fantastic.

"You know, you're right. I really shouldn't let all that money go to waste." I say, reading the sentence over and over again, the anger slowly making my blood boil each time I did.

I've been an anxious mess, ignored and avoided by him while he's out partying like nothing's wrong? Okay.

Time for some of my own fun.

. . .