22.

"This is it, guys! Our new home!" My mom says into her phone, filming everything as we pull into the driveway of the house. My dad sends glares of disapproval her way, sticking his tongue at the camera. Hayden pulls up beside us, honking playfully.

We enter the house, granted it was mainly still just boxes and plastic-covered furniture, but it felt cozy despite being bigger than our old home.

"There's a pool." Hayden points out, walking to the backyard.

"That could be fun." He mutters, cheekily grinning at me. I nudge him, giggling.

"Zoey your room is the first door to the right upstairs. You finally get your own bathroom." Mom says, ruffling my hair.

"Hayden the guest room is all yours." She smiles, pointing to a door behind us.

Hayden and I glance at each other, and I see the disappointment in his eyes. He was all the way down here.

"Thank you, guys." He smiles warmly at them, taking his bags into the room.

. . .

"So..how's the room?" I say awkwardly, looking around the pale blue covered walls. I pick up a little bobblehead of Freddie Mercury, looking at Hayden.

"It's good. Where are your parents?" He asks, looking around.

"They went back to get the rest of their clothes and stuff. We're alone." I wiggle my brows at him, and he smiles, walking over to me.

"Is that so.." he kisses me deeply. I breathe in his scent, relaxing immediately. He wraps his strong arms around me and picks me up, balancing me against the wall. My legs wrap around his waist, and I tangle my fingers in his hair.

"Your stubble hurts." I giggle, and he rubs his chin against me.

"Ow!" I laugh, and then we look at each other, going in for another kiss at the same time.

We hear the front door close, and he immediately drops me. I rub my knee, wincing.

"Hayden!" I whisper, scolding him. He helps me up, mouthing a sorry to me. I comb down my hair, walking out.

"So you guys got everything?" I smile at my parents.

"Yes, finally!"

Hayden and I smile at them, hearts racing. They didn't notice the blush on our cheeks or our crumpled clothes.

. . .

"What do you think about having a Halloween party this year?" My mom says at the dining table, and I look at her with a frown.

"Why" I laugh, and she shrugs.

"Why not?" she sips her wine, and Hayden begins nodding.

"I like the sound of that." my dad says, and Hayden continues nodding. I raise a brow at him, waiting for him to chime in, but he never does.

"Halloween's in a week. Isn't it a little last min-"

"Since when were you the Grinch of Halloween?" Hayden smirks, and I shoot a glare his way.

"Do you have plans?" My mom asks, and I take a bite of my pot pie.

"She needs friends for that." Dad snickers, and I sigh as everyone giggles.

"You can invite Katie, and...Katie." Mom presses her lips together, biting back a laugh.

"You know, that joke got old four years ago." I roll my eyes, fighting my smile.

"Anyway, I think the party could be fun!" mom claps excitedly.

"I call dibs on Superman." Hayden grins, and my stomach tingles at the thought of him in a skin tight costume.

"Lame, and you could never pull it off." My dad blows raspberries, and I look down, silently grinning.

"I guess we'll have to see about that."

My mom and I begin clearing the table, and I eavesdrop on my dad and Hayden talking from the kitchen.

"I almost forgot to tell you, Robin's back in town!" my dad nudges Hayden's shoulder, and his expression is one of disbelief and shock. His eyebrows lifted as he pressed his lips together.

"Yeah?" he turns his head slightly, glancing at me.

"I thought the two of you could catch up, so.."

"Sweetie help me out over here?" mom asks holding a plate, and I hesitantly walk over to her, not catching the last part of dad's sentence.

. . .

When everyone was asleep, I crept downstairs and found Hayden sitting by the pool alone, deep in thought.

"Hey, loner." I whisper, sitting down next to him.

"Hey." he smiles, but seemed distant.

"You...okay?" I laugh a little, brushing my shoulder against his.

"Yeah, good."

Silence brewed between us, and finally, I had to ask.

"Who's Robin?"

"You heard that, huh?" he smiles crookedly, looking down. The blue reflections from the pool shone on his face, igniting his eyes.

"Just a friend I haven't heard from in a while." he smiles, and before I could ask anything else, he gets up, stretching.

"I'm gonna hit the sack." he looks around, kissing my forehead.

"Goodnight." I say as he leaves, even though he couldn't hear me.

. . .

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas, and a great New Year! More chapters coming soon xx