(1) Welcome Home

I hope you all fall in love with the Sinclair family the way that I have.

Please follow me, vote, and leave a comment. I love any and all constructive criticism.

I have a lot in store for Makennah and her hottie. Stick around, he's coming in soon 😉

_____________________________

Makennah Claire Thomas stood on the front steps of the rich suburban mansion under a low lighted porch. Hesitantly, she knocked on the front door. On the brink of dusk, the neighborhood lay quietly and peacefully like something she had only seen in a movie. In the neighborhood where Makennah was born and raised, shootings, yelling, cussing, and fighting regularly kept her up at night.

Her shady, uncaring social worker dropped Makennah off in front of her fancy schmancy new home without even pulling into the driveway or unlocking the door to the rusty musty van. Makennah manually unlocked the door and tumbled out, slamming the door after her. Her social worker barely muttered two words before she peeled off and left Makennah alone in the driveway with her two bags and a pillow.

As the woman aged (ungracefully), her social worker grew more antsy and less talky. Makennah should have been accustomed to the treatment she received. However, she was still pretty pissy as she wandered up the driveway by herself to meet her brand new family.

There was no way for Makennah to guess what this family could be like. Looks were deceiving from what she had learned from her time in the system. A fancy house, nice cars, and trimmed lawn in a nice safe neighborhood didn't necessarily mean that the family on the other side of the brick red front door would treat her with kindness and respect.

Before she could finish mentally preparing herself, the front door swung open where a petite lithe middle aged woman with shoulder length brown hair styled in perfect flawless waves bounded over the threshold and grabbed Makennah in a fierce hug. Eyes wide, Makennah stood stick straight with her arms glued to her side as the woman squeezed her body tighter than she had ever been squeezed before.

"Oh my gosh, I am so happy to meet you!" Drawing back, the woman smiled as bright as the sun and rubbed her hands up and down Makennah's arms. "Wow, you're a pretty little thing aren't you!" Shyly, Makennah managed a smile that she knew came out like a grimace and tucked her hair behind her ears. Suddenly recalling that she never introduced herself, the woman smacked her forehead dramatically with the palm of her hand and reached for Makennah's ratty bags. "I didn't even introduce myself. I'm so sorry! I'm Carolynn!" With full arms, Carolynn couldn't shake Makennah's hand, but Makennah knew she would have tried otherwise.

With lips sealed tight, Makennah stepped inside and moved out of the way for Carolynn to close the door.

"Come in, come in!" Carolynn dumped Makennah's bags at the bottom of the stairs and urged Makennah inside. "Will, honey, come here please!" Carolynn called nonchalantly into space while she proudly placed a hand on Makennah's shoulder as if to show her off.

Makennah bit her tongue and avoided shying away from the woman's touch. She didn't like to be touched. At all.

"Oh, you're here!" A slender, fit man with a runner's body rounded the corner from the kitchen in professional attire and a loosened navy blue tie. A pleasant smile bloomed on his face when he took in Makennah. "Makennah, right? We're so happy to have you. I'm Will." Offering his hand, Makennah slid her fingers into his grasp and pumped his hand once or twice. She was a little distracted by the beauty of the house before her.