(62) All the Way to the Bank

They started drinking coffee instead of snacking on ice cream. A little over two hours later, the finished an entire pot so Makennah brewed more.

While they inhaled caffeine, they built a case.

Maisie logged into her Apple iCloud through Makennah's MacBook and located all of her files from her phone. She downloaded and printed off thousands of text messages and private messages from social media pertaining to or from Lucas. Maisie found every tiny piece of incriminating evidence about Lucas and flagged those items as important.

During her hunt, Makennah scrolled through her phone and wrote down every singe number she kept blocked because Lucas tried to contact her from those numbers. Maisie did the same. Maisie also found old deleted voicemails from Lucas apologizing for his inappropriate behavior and begging for Maisie to go back to him. In one voicemail, he even explicitly apologized for laying his hands on her. They flagged that voicemail as the most important.

Makennah went to work finding all of Lucas's old girlfriends. Putting their heads together as ex girlfriends they were able to locate three which led to three more. They found their Instagram and Facebook pages and added them as friends to try to contact them.

It was harder for Makennah to find any substantial evidence from her past relationship with Lucas because she tried to completely delete and erase him from her life once she moved on. However, she figured with technology, she would be able to find something. In fact, she logged into her Twitter account and found some old tweets from ages ago between the two of them that validated their relationship - or at least their interest in one another.

In the midst of the chaos of information, Makennah stupidly forgot her own unplanned rendezvous with Lucas when he nearly killed her for no apparent reason. Because she made the issue go away, she never asked if there was any video evidence of his actions. So she immediately texted Theo and asked if the restaurant had security cameras outside in the back parking lot.

They did.

Which led to a huge string of questions from Theo. Luckily, she had the best boyfriend alive and he drove to the restaurant in the middle of the night to try to locate the file.

And he did.

"He got it!" Makennah cheered.

Maisie high-fived her. "That's amazing! Did he say if you can clearly see anything?"

"No, but I've got four eye witnesses. My brothers."

"This is your family now?" She asked.

She supposed they had gotten to that level after bonding of cream and sugar in their coffee and haunting memories of the past. "Kinda. They're my legal guardians now."

Maisie smiled. "Good for you. Okay I found this girl that I think he talked to for awhile. One time he said her name. He still follows her on Instagram and likes her pics. Also, he's called me for like the thirtieth time now."

Makennah carried her new steaming coffee cup back to the kitchen island counter and sat down beside Maisie. "Any voicemails yet?"

She shook her head. "No."

"That's unfortunate." As if Lucas sensed that something was amiss, he started calling Maisie an hour ago. He hadn't yet texted her or left a message but if they waited long enough, they believed he might which would be current evidence of his resent offenses towards Maisie.

Makennah saw that it stressed her out to avoid him and ignore him, knowing he was growing more angry by the second. No doubt she was imaging all of the ways he might think to hurt her. Makennah didn't say anything. She believed her presence was enough strength to turn her phone over and ignore the calls.