(59) Smile. Charm. Threat.

The one on the left looked at the three high school teenage girls like eye candy. Like age was just a number. And statutory rape isn't illegal. 

The one on the right scowled so hard she figured his face might be stuck like that. 

Both of the suspicious looking government dudes were attractive in their own ways but neither wore wedding bands on their ring fingers. Interesting facts she gathered as she approached them with a blooming sunshine smile. 

"Gentlemen...can we help you?" Makennah asked, making pointed eye contact with the both of them to begin to disarm them. She looked for weapons hidden on their bodies but didn't spot any obvious lumps. 

The one on the right stood to his full height - a very tall, tall height - and glanced Makennah up and down, assessing her as friend or foe. "We're just waiting for a friend to show up to head inside."

She maintained her smile and felt the girls shift in closer to her side. Meredith crossed her arms over her chest. "What friend?" She asked obtrusively. 

The one on the left also stood to his full height and looked down his nose at Makennah, Grace, and Meredith. "Just a friend."

"Wouldn't it be more comfortable to wait in your car? It is a tad cold. Don't you think?" Makennah inquired from Grace. 

Grace nodded enthusiastically. "Indeed."

"Much more comfortable," Meredith added. 

The one on the left covered his laughter with a cough while his friend gave him the evil eye. Both of them stepped closer to them from the car. Act of intimidation? It wouldn't work on her. The thing about living this fabulous wealthy life with the Sinclairs is that no one knew where she came from and didn't expect a cute little teenage girl from Braxton, Colorado, to put someone...anyone...in their place. "Well..." Guy on the right cleared his throat. "We drove a long way and wanted to stretch our legs." 

"A long way from...where exactly?" She asked, craning her ear in their direction. 

Surprised at her chipper interrogation, both stared at her, suspended in the twilight zone where teenage girls asked the questions and held all the power. "North."

"Right." Makennah crossed her arms too and tapped her fingers impatiently on her bicep as she considered her next move. "And from what government agency do you hail?" She raised her eyebrows, expecting an answer. 

Neither answered her. Guy on the left bit back a smirk. This was amusing to him. 

Because they didn't answer, she charged onwards. "Oh sorry, was I mistaken? Is that not your vehicle? With the government plates and tags?" She pointed to the car. They looked. 

Government plates indeed. 

Makennah stepped forward just as they had, mirroring their tactic for intimidation. Grace and Meredith slithered up to her side, following her lead. "A little tip for the next citizens you taunt...don't show up in a government car expecting no one to notice. Also, I don't know what you think you're doing here, but unless you can present a viable search warrant or a warrant of any kind really, now would be the time to depart." Her cheery smile returned. "Another tip as decent human beings that I expect you are, this is a funeral. I'm not sure if you gathered that from the location, the black attire, the crying attendants, etcetera. I'm sure you're here for Mr. Rothair, the gentleman of the hour. Whatever it is you think you need, I'm most certain that it can wait because whatever it is you think he did or didn't do has already been done...or not done. The problem or issue will still be there after the calling hours and after the funeral. So you may leave now and let this family grieve before you interrupt their lives and ruin all of the good fond memories they have of their father. Can you do that?"