(8) You're a Dick

Gooooooodnighhhtttt from me. It's late here and idk when I'll post this so I bid you ado 👋 enjoy this chapter!!

—————————————————————

Purely for purposes of the undergoing investigation, Theo and Makennah trades phone numbers. A little piece of Makennah thought that this was probably inevitable considering he already managed to find her Snapchat. Not that she ever uncovered that mystery. She still didn't know how that happened. Nevertheless, nothing had come of it. Not a single Snapchat.

However, Theo texted Makennah right after both of them had practice. He went to football practice and she went to soccer practice. She told Carolynn that she would try it just this once.

The girls were nice enough but kept their distance. For most of the practice, the coach instructed them to run through drills that didn't require a partner - thank God.

It felt better than she could have imagined to get out on that field and dribble a ball around. She had no clue what to expect from the team or the coaches, but Makennah recognized raw talent in many of the players and appreciative, respectful relationships with the coaches.

T- im coming over after practice with Matt

M- are you going to tell him

T- we're going to tell him together

M- that's not a good idea. He doesn't even know me. Or trust me.

T- I trust you and I believed you when you told me. We have to do this together

M- please don't make me do this. You're his best friend. I'm nothing

T- it will be better if we both tell him. Two is better than one.

M- I don't want to be in the middle of a fight if he doesn't believe us

T- Matt won't be mad at you. I promise. He'll get mad at me

Two seconds later, another text came through.

T- IF he even gets mad. Matt is easy going. He doesn't normally get mad about anything

M- I don't like this plan

T- suck it up. Matt deserves to know

That was one thing Makennah knew was true. Matt deserves to know. Makennah could never live with herself if she didn't tell Matt or if Theo didn't tell him either. Makennah had been cheated on before and no one told her even though everyone knew. She grew past the relationship and let the hurt fade, but she couldn't get past the fact that all of her friends virtually lied to her for months.

Makennah arrived home before Matt and Theo who drove together so she showered and prepared herself for the serious conversation they were about to undertake. They needed a better game plan than winging it, but she knew this was as good as it was gonna get.

Fifteen agonizing minutes later, Makennah waited in the basement for Theo and Matt. Theo texted her again and told her to find a quiet place and this was the best she could do.

Matt and Theo tromped down the stairs, joking without a care in the world.

"Oh, hey Mack. What's up? How was your first practice?" Matt asked. Waltzing over, he slammed down on the couch and sighed heavily like he had no energy left in a single cell in his body.

"It was good. I like the team atmosphere."

"How did they treat you?" Matt asked inquisitively, genuinely curious about her experience.