(23) Risk Worth Taking

Sorry for any grammatical mistakes!! Enjoy 😎

——————————————————-

"Yeah, baby, bring em back!" Meredith yelled, holding her arms straight above her head in victory.

Makennah successfully evaded Theo for the past hour by convincing her friends to step outside and pick up a game of beer pong. Meredith and Makennah teamed up and so far, they were creaming Penny and Grace. It might have had a little bit to do with the fact that Grace and Penny were pretty drunk while Meredith and Makennah aired on the side of tipsy although the last beer she chugged - because she wasn't drunk enough to play the game according to Grace - was gradually tipping her over the edge again to drunk.

Makennah and Meredith just hit a double so Grace and Penny rolled the balls back. They were down to two cups and Grace and Penny were getting miserably drunk. Grace laughed at everything, and Penny wasn't far behind.

"Y'all ready to get wet?" Meredith antagonized.

"This is so not fair! Grace is an awful parent!" Penny whines and shoved Grace out of the way.

Grace stumbled and grabbed onto the table. "Hey the drunker you are the easier it is to play!"

"That's only what the really drunk people say," Makennah yelled. "Let's do!" She elbowed Meredith to take her shot.

"Should we death cup?" Meredith whispered.

"I never bench on that. Let's just take them out of their misery!" Makennah was more than ready to witness her friends eat it by losing the game and therefore having to jump in the pool - they raised the stakes early on.

"You first, your majesty." Meredith motioned for Makennah to proceed.

"My pleasure!" Curtsying pretty, Makennah sunk the plastic white ball in one of the red solo cups and Meredith ended the game by winning the last cup.

Meredith clapped her hands slowly. "In the pool, bitches!"

Waving her hands over her head, Makennah started to sing. "We are the champions. We are the champions! No time for losers..." she pointed to her friends. "Cause we are the champions!"

"Sing it, Mack!" Nick chimed in on the porch where he stood overlooking their game.

Makennah realized that most of the party had cleared out. The four of them lost track of time playing their game.

"I hate you for doing this!" Penny wallowed in self-pity as she approached the shiny pool with Grace.

"Oh relax!" Letting out a war cry, Grace hopped across the lawn and cannon-balled into the pool. Meredith gave her a round of applause.

"Ughhh!!" Screaming dreadfully, Penny dropped her phone in the grass and slipped into the pool with a splash.

Matt and Cassandra joined Nick on the patio. Theo wasn't far behind. Instantly, Makennah's body flamed with heat from embarrassment. She wouldn't be able to hide from him much longer.

"Mack, you about ready?" Matt asked across the lawn.

"Yeah!" She yelled back, drawing her winning partner into a hug. Makennah wasn't one for close intimacy with friends but these girls were starting to transform her. She was lucky to have them.

"Where are we staying?" She asked when she climbed the patio stairs.

"My place," Theo said from the back.

"Let's go!" Nick called everyone to order and rounded up Josh to head out.

"Who's driving?" She asked quietly. She didn't wanna be that person but in no way, shape, or form did she condone drunk driving. Or even tipsy driving.