Chapter Six

Sinking Blade

"Move and she dies!" the emerald diamond wearer said, he had a blade to my throat and I wasn't moving a millimeter, too scared to lose my life. The entire crew was on the main deck, huddled together like cold penguins, all staring at me and the invaders. Ravensight was within the crew, his eyes were wide and fearful, looking at nothing but my potential killer and I.

Although I was terrified out of my own mind, I calmly spoke, "Who in the name of Leo are you? What do you want?" the man brought the blade closer to my skin and I couldn't help but let out a loud gulp. "We are the troops of the Sun, he sent us here to fetch you," the man said in a snake-ish voice. Troops of the Sun? That's ridiculous! I thought, and I apparently said it to for I felt a sharp pain on my arm. I screamed in pain and put my hand on the wound, it had felt as if it were burned by something while being cut.

"Luna!" Ravensight cried, trying to move towards me but his crew held him back. "I-I'm fine Ravensight," I said in a shaky voice, "I'm sorry." at my words, I turned to the troops. "You will take me but you will not harm, kill, kidnap the crew members or destroy their ship," I said in a shaking, but demanding voice. Leave no room for trickery. I thought to myself, I remember watching all of those movies, having the villain listen to the order but not the desire.

"Luna, no!" the captain cried as the troops put my hands behind my back, leading me to the edge. Just as I heard I click, I was thrown over the edge and into the icy depths of the water. Something landed next to me and just as I felt a tug, I realized it was a weight, tied my hands behind my back. They're going to kill you I realized, and I began to whip kick. Deep in thought, as I kicked to the surface, I slowly began to untie myself from the weight.

Always be prepared for the unexpected, I thought to myself proudly as I became free from the deadly weight. Swimming up, I realized the sun was just beginning to rise and the ship was nowhere in sight, gasping as I reached the surface, I began to look around.

The ship was far to my left, beginning to leave. I could faintly hear the screams of Ravensight on the ship. That's when something pulled me out of the water. "Wh-" I landed on a rowboat with a thunk. Blinking, I realized it was the troops. "We were just testing you," one said to me. "We made sure they thought you were dead," another spoke to me coldly. They aren't going to come back to rescue you. I thought sadly, I was on my own for real now. I know I can't trust these people, all I can trust is myself. And this, I believed. I was all alone in this giant world, or so I thought.

As I stared at the waters as we moved further and further away, I saw two scaled, but familiar figures in the water. Just as I noticed the two, I felt the boat tip and then flip over, quickly holding my breath I began to swim away from the troops.

"Oh no you don't!" I heard one cry as I began to swim, then I felt a tug at my overall straps. Although I fought with all I had to get away from the troop, I had no hope of getting away as I was dragged throughout the waters. Thrashing and squirming in the troop member's grasp, he must've gotten sick of it as I felt a sharp pain on my head and then everything went black.

Oddly enough, this darkness soothed me, like the night.

I felt safe.