Face off

"It was love. It was just between us. The passion, the desire, the fire. The way we held on in so little time and his eyes when he saw me for the first time."
▪~Dominic Ricitello~▪

Alexis' P.O.V :

After having lunch with August, I walked to my car to drive to my flower shop. I turned the key in the ignition but it wasn't starting. I tried my best and it finally worked. I took a sigh of relief and drove towards the London bridge.

My car was in full throttle but the traffic on the London bridge was slow. I had to pull the brakes to slow it down but they didn't work.

"Oh my God! What happened? Why isn't slowing down?" I was hysterically pressing the brakes but in vain.

The thing which I was most afraid of was running over somebody killing him and secondly my life. I was trying my best to make it stop. I tried the hand brake but it did'nt work as well. It seemed like every brake of my car was malfunctioned.

The traffic was dense on the bridge. It was getting nearer and nearer.

"Jesus! Oh no.." I screamed as I turn the steering to my right to stop hitting a car but my car turned over and fell into the Tames river.

The car hit the water and it started to drown. I had my seatbelt tucked in but due to anxiety I had a severe asthma attack. I couldn't even find my inhaler as the water came up to my knees.
I had already started gasping for breath. Somehow I managed to open my seatbelt.

I reached for the door but it was locked. I unlocked it and tried to open it but it seemed the pressure of the water was too much. I tried to open the window. It was automatic so it had also stopped working.

"No!" I could see death infront of me as the water completely filled the car. Desperate for help, I tried to break the window but my hands were not that strong to break the glass. Just when I saw someone outside the car. It was a woman.

She broke the glass until then I was knocked unconscious. I woke up in the hospital with her sitting beside me. I couldn't thank her enough for saving my life. She looked a bit confused and in a hurry. She excused and went.

Just then she left August came to me. He was worried about me. I told him about the woman who saved my life. She told me her name was Meera.

August took a seat infront of me he looked a bit confused. He was thinking deeply.

"What happened August?" I asked pursing my lips.

"Nothing." He said like he woke up from a dream.

For the whole day he took care of me. The next day he took me home.

"Thankyou so much August. You did a lot for me. I miss my car though." I said as I entered my home.

"It's in police custody but don't worry. I'll do something about it. I am going to the shop. You need anything?" He asked.

"Chips and coldrink." I said while falling on the couch.

"Ok. I'll get it for you." He said and left.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Zohra was at the grocery store buying some stuff for herself. She unloaded the basket at the counter. There was an old lady who was the owner there.