Deception

"We fall in love with unrequited things. Like maybe the universe will love us back, but he has too many other galaxies burning in his hands."

▪︎○•Nitya Prakash•○▪︎

Zohra dialed a number and the phone rang on the other side.

"Assalam O Alaikum! Zohra." Akbar greeted.

"Walaikum Assalam! How are you Akbar?" Zohra asked.

"Alhamdulillah I am fine and how about you?" He asked.

"Perfect! Akbar I need you to do me a favour. We need to go back to Afghanistan as soon as possible." She strolled towards the window and looked outside.

"Yes I know Zohra. I am going to book tickets for us. Steve had arranged everything beforehand." He replied.

"But Akbar! We need to take Alexis with us too." Zohra said while pursing her lips.

" What? Are you insane? She is with August and we don't have to do anything with her." Akbar ranted.

"She is our sister Akbar. She called me and told me August has taken her as hostage. She is a prisoner with him." Zohra rubbed her forehead while telling him.

" August loves her why don't you understand Zohra. He will cross any limit for her. Don't be so stupid and how will we be able to escape from there once we get there. What if this is a trap?" Akbar tried to explain.

"Then let it be. I wanna see what is Walker capable of. I wanna see how far will he go for her." Zohra said.

"But!!" Akbar tried to say something but Zohra cut him off. "Enough! I am going to take her from there and that's all and you are coming with me. I will call you later to decide when.." Zohra said.

"Ok sister. I know how stubborn you are. Allah hafiz." Akbar said and hung up.

Zohra threw the phone on the bed.

"Let's see what you are capable of Walker." She talked to herself while standing near the window.

■■■■■

Alexis came out of the bath tub. She dried herself and changed her clothes. The morning was cold so she took her shawl and wrapped it around herself. She went to the kitchen and took a look around. There was a coffee maker there. She made herself a cup of coffee. Holding the cup in her hands she started to explore the lodge.

She went from room to room randomely opening the doors to explore them. She opened a door and her glance shifted towards a table placed in the centre of the room. It was like an office. There was a laptop and many papers were scattered here and there. The table was very messy.

She started to collect the papers when a thing came into her view.

"New world order"

There were ideas and description about a new world full of violence. There was a model of a bomb sketched on the paper. She sat on the chair and started going through the material when she heard the door opening and closing.

"Oh my God!" She gasped." He is here." She thought to herself and scattered the papers on the table again.

She heard the noise of his boots reaching the door of the exact same room she was in. She straight away went to the window and started sipping her coffee like nothing happened.