Lost

"Let me put it this way. You, my beautiful boy, have the power to really hurt me, with how I feel about you. Far more than anyone else ever has or ever could. I don't know if you realize that."
▪▪~ Heather Hall ~▪▪

As August placed his head against the pillow to catch some sleep Zohra's face never left his sight. Tossing and turning he was continuously thinking about her. He badly wanted to apologize to her. For being so selfish that he never even tried to contact her. She was a middle eastern woman who had fallen for him. How could he think she had forgotten him so easily? It was 2 O'clock in the morning and sleep was far away from his eyes.

He didn't even know what his heart wanted at that hour of the night. He stood up and his feet brought him to her doorstep. He was nervous, confused as to what to say to her. He was a man with the strongest will power but all his senses had weakened thinking of her.

He pushed the door bell button once, twice but she didn't come to open the door. It was obvious she was asleep at that hour but August knew she cant sleep as well. Not after realizing his love for Alexis. He was feeling guilty for what he did to her. He wanted to talk to her now come what may. He kept pushing the doorbell but she didn't come. He tried knocking at the door but in vain.

Then atonce he decided the other way round. It wasn't possible that after hearing so many rings she didn't show up. There was a splinter stuck in his heart which was urging him to break into her apartment.

He went to his apartment's balcony and from there he jumped into her balcony. The sliding glass door to her bedroom was unlocked. White curtains were covering the inside but it was obvious that the lights were turned off. Slowly he slid the door open. He peeped inside. To his surprize she was standing infront of the dresser. Claded in her nightgown as her long black hairs dangled on her back she appeared so beautiful to him. She had noticed him standing in the balcony.

"Come in." She said while still standing facing the mirror.

August walked into the bedroom and stood behind her at a distance.

"What are you doing here at this time?" Zohra asked.

You didn't answer the door so I had to come this way." August said.

"It's not obligatory for me to answer the door at this time." She said slowly.

"I wanted to apologize...."For what?" She said interrupting August in the middle of his sentence.

"For all the pain and agony I caused you. For leaving you in the middle of nowhere. For betraying you. For loving..."stop!!!" Zohra again interrupted him.

Slowly she turned around. Her beautiful black eyes were sparkling with tears." For loving Alexis you meant that?" She asked.

"Yes!" He lowered his gaze as he said that. He had lost the courage to face her. For the first time in his life Walker had lost all his courage to look into the eyes of the woman he once had fallen in love with.

"Forgive me! Please." August's voice broke as he brought his palms together and kneeled down infront of her.

Zohra walked to him and kneeled infront of him. She took his hands into hers. Warm tears escaped her eyes. She wrapped her arms around him and embraced him with all her might. He took her into his arms. He wanted to feel her like she was a part of him.

"I can't share you with anybody August. I cannot.." she sobbed.

"I was compulsive. I had to leave you Zohra. Erica didn't even let me call you. They even didn't let me enter Afghanistan again." August whispered." Loving Alexis is not in my hands. Please forgive me Zohra." August pleaded.

"I cannot share you. I cannot share you with anybody. Not even my own sister. But don't worry I won't be here to see this. I won't be alive to see all this. It's the last time." Zohra sobbed.

August pulled her and looked at her face who was turning paler." What do you mean? Zohra! What have you done?" August yelled.

"Tell me God dammit." He held her shoulders and jolted her while her eyes flew shut.

"You're late August." She whispered. Her clenched fist opened and the empty jar of sleeping pills came rolling down on the floor.

August took hold of the jar. It was empty. She had taken them all.

"Zohra!!" August held her into his arms.

Zohra's weak body was dangling in his arms while the time slipped from his hands.

"Zohra! Open your eyes. Zohra!!" He tried to wake her up but she was asleep.

He couldn't believe that a woman like her could try to take her own life. He rushed her to the door and placed her on the passenger seat of his car.

As he was going to sit in his car he saw Alexis who was standing in her bedroom window. He couldn't say a word to her. She closed the window.

"Fuck!" August cursed..

■■■■■■