Dark Desire

"He loves me like a monster, all teeth and talk and hiding in the dark. That's my speciality, Men with strong bodies and fragile hearts, and if you hold them too tightly they will crumble beneath you like an avalanche that is waiting."

●●○~ Lindsey Hobart ~○●●

Alexis stood there gazing at the screen of Steve's cellphone. Her face illuminated by the white light of the screen. The rest of the living room was dark and cold.

She was shivering but it wasn't the coldness that made her shiver. It was what she was going to do at that time.

With shaky hands she dialled her number.

And the phone rang on the other side.

■■■■■

Zohra was lying on her bed with her eyes closed. Sleep was faraway from her eyes. She was worried about her brother and wanted to confront Alexis on what did she exactly want?

Then she heard her phone ringing. She opened her eyes and picked up her ringing phone to see who was calling. Her mouth opened ajar as she saw it was Steve.

"Steve! But how?" She thought.

She thought at first not to pick up the call but then again curiousty got the best of her and she pressed accept.

"Hello!" She said while holding the phone close to her ear.

"Zohra! Is that you? I'm Alexis." A soft voice echoed from the other side.

"Alexis! Why did you bother to call me?" Zohra asked.

"Zohra! Please listen to me. I need your help." Alexis pleaded.

"Sorry I can't help you." Zohra said and was about to hung up.

"No. Zohra please listen to me. I beg you." Alexis pleaded again.

"What kind of help do you want from me Alexis. I saved your life. Wasn't that enough for you?" Zohra ranted.

"Please just listen to me once. My life is in danger. Walker has killed my brother and he is keeping me hostage here. I need your help Zohra. Please get me out of here. I will give you whatever you want in return." Alexis was begging.

"And why would I trust you Alexis? You snatched my man from me. You took away my love. After all this you think I will trust you. Huh?" Zohra spat in anger.

"Yes. You can trust me 100 percent Zohra. I don't love him. Really! You can take him back. Infact! I will help you in this. I will talk to him. He will listen to me." Alexis explained while looking here and there.

It was really quiet and dark so she had to whisper instead of talking. She feared August would show up anytime.

"Where are you now?" Zohra asked.

"I don't really know. This place is a lodge infront of a lake. Its 2 to 3 hours drive from my home. I haven't been here before." She explained.

"Do you have any data left? If so, send me your location through whatsapp." Zohra said.

"Its a good idea. Let me see." Alexis hung up the call.

She opened the data and thankfully it started to work. Then, she opened the map and sent her location to Zohra. She then switched off the cell and just as she was about to slide it beneath the couch, she heard the truck being pulled over infront of the lodge.

She thought of a stratedy and ran towards the kitchen. She was looking for a glass to start her drama.

The door opened and August came inside. He threw his long overcoat on the couch and walked towards the kitchen to get a drink.