Prologue

Whatever the day was, Yaya didn't care. The thing she did care about is how one could be so villainous. Ever since she got her powers from a robot named Ochobot, she could fly and lift elephants with ease. Her best friend could manipulate time.

And they were entrusted to protect the earth.

How ridiculous.

It's not fun as it normally seems. Ying might enjoy hero work, but Yaya certainly doesn't. It's just villain after villain, alien attacks after another one just ended. They couldn't even maintain a regular lifestyle nowadays.

Fortunately, her parents didn't care what she did. For the worse or the better, either worked. They were always out working, never returning to Malaysia.

"Hey," Ying said when they hung out at Tok Aba's cocoa shop. "Why are you so down lately?"

Yaya didn't bother to answer. Even Gopal's antiques didn't seem as humorous as they were previously.

"I just can't shake the feeling that something bad is going to happen, that's all," she confessed. "It's been too quiet lately."

"Relax! Just enjoy it!" Ying said. "Maybe they finally gave up!"

"Ah, you'll jinx us." Yaya frowned. "Let's hope it doesn't come true."

Every time her friend jinxes things. None of them had turned out for the better.

Either way, it did seem to be peaceful. Despite the unsettling feeling in her stomach, she can't help but lower her guard down at the sight of the blue sky and the red thunderstorm ahead.

"Huh? What's that?" Gopal shrieked, pointing to the beacon of scarlet electricity from the next block. It constantly erupted, disappearing and shooting up stronger each time.

"Come on! Let's go find out!" Ying suggested and sped off.

Sometimes, she really wished she had that power.

At least she never makes it late to school.

Yaya dragged Gopal towards the source of the red lightning. Ying was already there, staring at the destruction it caused in its wake.

The source seemed to be erupting in the midst of a fight. A figure, who was moving too fast for the human eye to follow, was fighting an alien with green skin, blocky head, two square antennas, and a massive robot.

"That's – that's Adu-du and Probe!" Yaya realized. "Who's fighting them?"

Whoever it was, the aliens were having their butts handed to them. They were vastly outmatched, with speed that even Ying couldn't achieve.

"Time Slow!" Ying shouted.

Yaya and Gopal were not affected by her power since Ying had willed it to. They could see a boy with white hair, red eyes, tan skin while wearing a black and red jacket, wielding two blades shaped like red thunder. His expression was strangely calm, but movements agile like Ying's move hadn't affected him.

And on his left wrist was a red power watch, a red lightning embedded on where the time should be.

"Who's that?" Gopal peeped as Ying removed the time effect. "It's like he's an alien!"

"He's not, okay?" Ying said. "How did he get that power band? Did Ochobot give him that and forgot? Like Fang?"

Yaya stared in a fascinated horror as the boy moved like lightning, every attack struck with restraint, but slowly stunning the two, rendering them exhausted and unable to defend.

All she could follow was a crimson blur popping up everywhere. He was behind Probe. Then in front of Adu-du. Then he's between them.

Then suddenly, the lightning stopped.