Chapter 16

Boboiboy had trouble serving customers. Enough said.

He understood their language, but their choice of foods and beverages confused him. Could humans mix ice and water to create a cold beverage? What is this?

Tok Aba patiently guided him through every mishap. From Boboiboy's misunderstanding of a serving tray to be a shield to mistaking a cat to be lethally poisonous, he was always there, teaching him with surprising gentleness.

Due to Boboiboy's lack of education in the term of earth smarts, he didn't know how to use a pencil properly, resulting in written words that resembled cat scratches on a scratching post.

Tok Aba taught him that as well. He didn't mind that this child was extremely intelligent, powerful, or alien-like. He treated him like a normal child, like everyone else. Not someone special, not someone underrated, but a normal human being.

Boboiboy appreciated this. He studied ways to master the art of writing with the sacred tool with a carbon core of depicting images and words. Soon he was able to sketch like a pro, and write like his words were printed from computers.

Drawing was a good past time. He had a strong adaption ability, so he was able to draw whatever he saw into paper within the span of minutes. As the pencil moved on the paper, he could forget about his past, forget about all his pain, and indulge himself in the world of ink and art.

But it had its downsides.

His hand seemed to have a mind of his own. He would unconsciously sketch the details of the lab he had been experimented on, with every vial of chemical drawn in extreme detail. He wouldn't even realize that he was drawing it in the first place, and would notice after a break.

Hands trembling, his fingers reached for the drawing that portrayed the scene of his mother's death, face scratched out by frustrated lines of carbon. There was the train station, the blood of innocent passengers, and a dying mother screaming for her child.

Mommy was pretty.

She was a nice lady.

She didn't deserve to die.

However, as he squinted into his drawing, he noticed details that he had neglected. Through drawing, he could jot down facts that he couldn't remember alone through his mentality.

In amongst the debris, there was a sword.

It was none other than an older version Kaizo's broken energy sword.

How?

Boboiboy flipped through his sketchbook. He didn't pay attention when he was drawing, because he enjoyed the feeling when his hands move on their own, creating permanent beautiful sceneries that will never fade away. There were pictures of the field near Kokotiam, the harbour, their house, Tok Aba's portrait...

And a picture of two parents, coaxing a toddler to play with two power spheres.

The three faces were all crossed out, leaving every detail void. The smaller of the power spheres was blue and white in colour, with two stumps on its head. It was turned, seeming to interact with the child. The other was larger, with green, gray and yellow in colour. It was resting on the mother's shoulder.

Enerbot and Stealthbot.

One of the power spheres that was located in the Sunnova station. According to records, it was the power sphere that had given Kaizo his energy manipulation.

But why had he drawn it? Had he come in contact with Kaizo's parents when they were still alive and Kaizo was still a child? Can't be. If the time's correct, the child looked like he was only 3. Boboiboy wasn't even born yet.