Chapter 9

Of course Thunderstorm wasn't able to get one moment of peace.

"You should go recharge," Thunderstorm said. "You don't have to avoid everyone with me."

Bellbot smiled. "Of course not. I can still hold up. I haven't been using much power lately, so I can last longer than before. Don't you need to eat? Humans need to."

Thunderstorm shook his head. The residue of Emotibot's effects had been tormenting his sanity every waking second. He couldn't tense up without provoking Blaze or summoning a storm inside. The slightest harsh movement would lead to mass destruction and anger.

Cattus purred softly and curled up to sleep. Thunderstorm hadn't realized that it was night time. He hardly slept, and sleep cycles don't affect him the way it does to other beings. So during the night, he was strolling the hallways when everyone else was in bed.

Despite wearing metal soles, his footsteps made no sound against the iron floor. There's barely a living soul in the dark of night, but the lights were on as if it were day. It looked the same as daytime, but the atmosphere was like night.

Silence, serene, and deathly.

He stopped.

The room to the power spheres was in front of him. With a passcode, he entered it and glanced at the power spheres located within. Glass-like barriers prevented anyone from stealing the spheres, or them escaping.

Emotibot was one of them. He was dormant.

Thunderstorm scanned the room. The security in it was more sophisticated than the outside. Why? Shouldn't they protect them from someone who comes from inside? What were the chances of anyone digging a hole in metal?

He freed Emotibot. The power sphere's face came online, and he switched to a happy face when he saw him.

"You came back!" He hugged him. "Nobody comes back! But you did!"

Thunderstorm brushed his hand against the power sphere's metal skin. "I keep my promises, but I can't let you out. They'll know. The alarms will sound."

Emotibot nodded gleefully. "It's okay! As long as you're not a bad guy, I'm okay with this!"

His heart skipped a beat. Why could anyone trust him? Three people had trusted him to protect them entirely. Cattus, Bellbot and Emotibot.

"Are you sure?" he asked. "I'm not the best 'guy,' in the universe."

"Well, you're not like anyone else," Emotibot said fervently. "You're kind, patient and you think of others! People like you are rare, you know."

Thunderstorm watched as the yellow sphere dispatched himself from him and hovered around the room in excitement. What had this power sphere been through? What life had he had before the hunters invaded?

He didn't know. Ever since he could remember, he was locked up in an alien cell awaiting the next day's torture-like training and experiments.

However, he had to thank those psychopaths for pushing him to the absolute limit. He managed to survive in this crazy world because of them. Who knows? He might send them a gift basket full of Cyanide and explosives later.

Oh wait, they're dead. S2 killed the entire station and blew it up.

Well, there's that.

"So what do you want to do?" Thunderstorm sat on the floor cross-legged. "I'm here all night."

"Are you sure?" Emotibot circled him. Thunderstorm nodded. "Yay! Can I ask your name? I really didn't get it earlier."

Some anger inside Thunderstorm subsided. He managed a small grin. "My name's Boboiboy. I'm a human, and I'm 14 years old."