Chapter 13

There were two options in front of him: ignore him and walk away, or fight.

"Uh, yeah. Thanks." Thunderstorm waved his hand in dismission and started to turn away. If this was the enemy he was supposed to avoid, then he wasn't about to interact with him.

The pirates around him tittered nervously. Vargoba's bodyguards? They all stared at the young boy with pity. This young pirate was going to meet a short end in his life.

Vargoba grinned widely. "You remind me of myself when I was your age!"

Thunderstorm was tempted to belch. "Ugh. You got low standards, then."

To his surprise, Vargoba wasn't as short-tempered he thought he was originally. The pirate captain was stereotyped to be an impatient idiot. Unless Vargoba is the type of villain to see his victims die slowly in pure agony.

"What's your name, boy?" Vargoba asked.

Thunderstorm didn't blink. "Boboiboy."

"Alright then, Boboiboy. Come with me. I have much to tell you..."

The captain led him towards a private room. He dismissed the pirate guards and closed the door behind Thunderstorm.

The room resembled a conference room moulded into a pirate's style. Despite the wood-like texture of it, the technology was still advanced and designed to target any opponent's weakness.

What if he knew he was from TAPOPS? Not that he cared much anyway, but he's kept a promise to remain loyal. He keeps his promises no matter what.

Vargoba gestured him to sit on the chair across the table. "Come. Sit."

Thunderstorm sat. In the dark room, his red eyes glowing with humming electricity.

Vargoba himself sat on the chair in front of him. "Not much of a talker, are you?"

He remained silent.

"Ah, yes. I see," Vargoba mused. "You are one of the cleaners, yes?"

Thunderstorm assumed that was the name of Kaizo's undercover profession. Well, he was with Kaizo in this mission, so why not? He nodded.

"How old are you?"

"... fourteen."

"You're human."

"Guess so."

Vargoba leaned back in his chair, bewildered. What was a human child doing here in space? Why was he not on that pathetic earth, living his peasant life? Why be a cleaner? Vargoba had spent his life reading and interrogating people. He could see that this boy wasn't just a regular human. Any average human would have died of shock upon the sight of him.

Thunderstorm laced his fingers under the table. They sparked with red electricity, ready to fight if this chat goes awry.

Did Kaizo and Fang retrieve the sphere? There was something unsettling going on with this pirate. Even if he knew he could just teleport out of here, he felt like Vargoba had something to tell him, or maybe offer him. Was it possible that he knew what he was capable of? Jugglenaut's defeat caused an uproar, after all.

Vargoba leaned across the table. His metal gloves clanked against the table. "What'd you say about joining me, eh? You have potential to be a true villain."

Villain. The way he put it, he made it sound like a good thing. Thunderstorm's fist clenched. Every time he was trying to get away from the title of a freak, a monster, a villain – it always pulls a boomerang and hits him square in the face. Even working at TAPOPS made him feel like the odd one out. The black sheep among white wools and fleeces.