Chapter 1

It wasn't long until they found Boboiboy again. Seriously, who even parades through the air with a hoverboard?

Define found. Yaya crashed into him in mid-air while she's flying.

"Hey!" Yaya cried. "Watch where you're going!"

Boboiboy was wearing a sky-blue jacket, dark blue jeans, black combat boots. There were glowing blue streaks running down his hat, shirt and boots.

"You have powers?" he said. "You're Ochobot's friends, right?"

She nodded stiffly. Ochobot had explained everything to them - how he was part of an experiment of the human race by aliens, escaped last year, location still unknown. Yet she managed to run into him in the entire sky.

What.

The.

Hell.

"Ochobot gave me my powers," she admitted. "How about you? You control lightning, wind and ice, right?"

His face was a mystery, blank like a mask that covered his true feelings. Maybe he just didn't care.

"Yeah. You know now. So you're the superheroes?" he asked. "Cool."

She realized that he was less hostile and more talkative compared to a few days back.

When they were witnessing him cutting down Adu-du and Probe, he was ferocious and moved with an assassin's grace and elegance. During his "ice mode", he was cold. Figuratively and literally.

Now he was more amiable, but his mind was all over the place. Could the elements he was hosting affect his personality?

"So what are you doing now?" he quizzed.

Yaya blinked. "Um, I'm off to meet with my friends. You want to come?"

He shrugged. "Why not?"

It really did affect his personality and behaviour. What if he could control fire? How would he act? Can he only remain one in a time? Does he have an original version of himself?

She led him to the Tok Aba's cocoa store, with Gopal spitting his drink out all over Ochobot and Fang dropping his cup. Ying caught it before it broke.

"Ah? That's the guy we met earlier!" Gopal shrieked. "Did he force you to bring him here? Are you going to kill us?"

Boboiboy sat on his frost blue hoverboard, hovering just above the ground. "Why would I do that."

It was meant to come out a question, but his blank face and emotionless tone made it sound like a taunt or fact.

"Uh..." Gopal hid behind a tree.

"Hey," Fang said, "you escaped from an alien experiment, right?"

Boboiboy nodded. "I'd rather not talk about it."

"It's fine." Yaya glared at Gopal. That fatty could ruin things in any way possible. That's why they had to do extra work.

"So what else can you control?" Fang asked. "I heard from Ying and Gopal. Your powers are awesome."

Boboiboy looked colder than before. Maybe it's because Fang brought up his past.

If Yaya was the one that escaped from a dreadful experiment and someone asks about it casually, she wouldn't be delighted either. Those boys better be careful or they would flip a trigger that activated his anger.

In other words, don't trigger him or piss him off.

"So what are you guys doing?" he asked blandly.