Chapter 6

"A mission?" Thunderstorm looked up from a tablet. "Now?"

Gopal rolled his eyes. "No. Tomorrow."

He looked back down. "Hm. Okay."

Yaya punched Gopal into the wall. "Don't listen to him! That's sarcasm. We have to retrieve BellBot tomorrow."

Thunderstorm stared back down. They took that as a yes.

The burn on his left arm had healed and everything's just about okay. People seemed to be more relaxed when they saw him have a change of clothes, but Sai and Shielda were still miffed about their little fight. To be honest, it wasn't really a fight, since they had their asses handed to them on a silver platter.

Now he was sharing a room with Gopal, him having the bottom bunk as the older boy occupied the top. Thunderstorm could tell that he was still wary of him, since he had always waited for him to fall asleep and finally get some sleep himself. He was wrong. Thunderstorm was a night owl, element or no, and he did not enjoy listening to Gopal's snores for eight hours until it reaches six in the morning.

He could have just waltzed out and do whatever, but he was new. Walking through an asleep station would be his ideal vacation spot, but he's not familiar with the place. He didn't act until he was sure of what he's dealing with.

The doors slid open. Gopal's snores were as loud as ever. Boboiboy acted as if he was asleep, though he could sense the intruder's movements through vibrations in the electrodes. He had never powered down Thunderstorm, and he was keeping it that way.

Who is it? he wondered. It's in the middle of the night.

The figure crept closer to him. His finger sparked under the covers.

A hand reached up to his face.

Then all hell broke loose. Thunderstorm teleported behind the intruder and held a scarlet sword next to his throat. It was silent like the night, excluding Gopal's loud snores.

With the dim crimson lighting of the weapon, he could make out the intruder's face.

"Admiral." Thunderstorm lowered his sword.

Admiral Tarung chuckled and turned the lights on. Gopal yelped and fell of his bunk.

"Ow..." he groaned, rubbing his head. "Boboiboy, it's three am. What are you doing?"

"Go to sleep, Gopal." Admiral Tarung hoisted the boy back. "This will only take a while. Boboiboy, come with me."

Thunderstorm looked down at his white vest and pants, then to Admiral Tarung's shirt and shorts.

"It's fine," he promised. "Come."

Thunderstorm followed him into the command centre. It was silent, for everyone had been tucked into their beds and only a few night guards remained in their positions, all yawning and nodding off.

Ciciko was not present. Ochobot was.

The Admiral led him towards the cafeteria. "Would you like a drink?"

"You wanted to talk?" Thunderstorm said.

The Admiral sat down. "Yes, yes. I can see that you're rather straightforward. I understand that. You see, what I'm curious about is your power watch."

Thunderstorm's grip on his sword tightened. "Not your business."

"I understand." Admiral Tarung took a sip of his drink. "Why do you want to join TAPOPS? Do you have a reason?"