Chapter 5

"This is realistic for a simulation," Gopal panted, wiping absent sweat off his brow. "Why can't we just use our powers?"

Yaya turned from the front. "We need to conserve our energy. There's supposed to be challenges."

Boboiboy Thunderstorm let the others go first. If there are any sneak attacks, he would be able to dodge no problem. Fang was first, Ying the went second, Yaya third and so on.

Fang seem awfully quiet. He wouldn't meet any of his friends' eyes. Thunderstorm caught that. Fang had graduated, so why was he here? Why is he in this place with them? There had to be a catch.

The supposed simulation resembled a magma planet. The air was so dry it nearly sucked all the moisture their lungs. Sweat evaporated in seconds. Their lips were dry. If anyone wanted to get a serious tan, this would be the ideal location.

Thunderstorm had to switch elements. Ice didn't work well in environments like these, simulation or no. Neither did its pre-evolution, too. The temperature was simply too high.

Eventually they came across a river of lava. Blaze would love it here. Yaya used her Gravity Manipulation powers and arranged boulders to form a parkour bridge. She flew across. Fang and Ying made it through with no mishaps.

Gopal was incredulously making slow progress. Thunderstorm followed behind him, rather bored. But when the idiot reached the last one, a geyser of lava went unnoticed by him, but not Thunderstorm.

Thunderstorm caught the abnormal activity of the lava river and shoved Gopal to the shore. It came out uncontrolled, so Gopal tumbled non-stop until Ying caught him.

The magma scorched his left arm and singed his sleeve. It stung like crazy, but he had been through worse. He could still move his arm.

"Are you crazy? What was that for?" Gopal demanded.

Thunderstorm shrugged, scarlet eyes glancing at the river of molten rock and metals. "Wanted to."

"You're evil!" he chided and trudged ahead, rubbing his sore head.

Yaya and Ying both gave him nervous glances, but they didn't say anything. That was fine with him. He would rather remain silent than facing any stupid dramatics.

They didn't see anything, of course. But they knew that he wasn't evil. Gopal wasn't either, but he's totally an idiot.

Thunderstorm waited for them to go before he did. He turned to Ice, which made the wound hurt more, and cooled the burnt parts down. He did it all without any expression displayed.

Respect.

If I was him, I would just leave and let them deal with the rest. With an idiot like that for a friend, I wouldn't even be bothered to care whether if I passed or not. I'd watch the whole thing while drinking a smoothie, but Boboiboy had morality and honour. He understood what was fair and what was right.

And if you're asking me why I'm addressing them as their elemental names, good. You noticed. Since Boboiboy is not going to reveal his "real self" any time soon, he is always in some element form depending on his mood or what he wants to. His friends refer to him as Boboiboy rather than his element. He thinks himself as the element over his name.

Soon they reached the foot of a massive volcano.

Ying pointed at the top of it. "Look! It's the power sphere!"

They followed her direction. There was a vault with a metal sphere safely tucked away in it.

Thunderstorm's friends all cheered as they reached their destination, with Gopal breathing a sigh of relief. He didn't. Fang was missing. It shouldn't be this easy.