Chapter 17

"How – how is this possible?" Boboiboy stammered. "I look human. So do you."

"That Fang boy does too, and he's very well an alien," Tok Aba clipped. "Our species are quite the adaption masters. We take in our environment at birth and adjust to it. That's why you were able to master every element without training for decades."

"What planet did... what planet did we come from?"

Tok Aba glanced out the window to the night sky, as if remembering his past. His eyes held a wistful look to them, as if the answer he was grasping for had lost its meaning. Boboiboy understood that look. It was the expression he saw whenever he looked at his reflection.

"Our planet was destroyed." Tok Aba flipped the pages of the album. Photographs of baby Boboiboy and his mother took up most of them. She used skin paint to mask her red skin that stood out among aliens. "Due to her father."

Boboiboy frowned. "Does that count as my grandfather? ... wait. Then who are you to her?"

"I am her father's brother," Tok Aba stated. "I was the one that assisted her to locate Earth. I treated her like my very own daughter."

Boboiboy turned silent. He had always thought himself of human, but raised in alien standards. However, that was the wrong demeanour. He was an alien at birth, and he had been misplaced in the wrong planet all along. So was that ruly why they wanted him for that experiment? Because he's an alien that could adapt strongly to his surroundings?

Did they want to create the perfect mindless soldier? One that could work in any environment, no matter the elements or terrain. He was built and readied for any kind of situation, any sort of weather.

"Then do you know who's my grandfather?"

Tok Aba nodded. He closed the photo album with a heavy heart. "Yes. He is a space pirate, with the name of Vargoba."

Boboiboy trembled. With a shaky breath, he threw his cap down and bolted out.

* * *

Fang knew without Boboiboy, their team was as good as toast. He realized this during one of their retrieval missions, participating in a mission which rank was too high for them to function properly. Fang himself could handle it individually, but his friends could not. On more than one occasion he had to stop and save them before they got their asses roasted.

Gopal was as stupid as a donkey's ass and kept getting himself hurt unnecessarily. Yaya and Ying just charged in, get bested and get knocked out, leaving only Fang to confront the hunter group.

Fortunately, he was skilled in one against many combat. Maybe not as Boboiboy-level of power, but it was impressive on his own. By the time he was done, he was worn out and was ready to recover for the rest of the month, but no such luck. There were more pending missions he had to take, and the others barely helped. The only thing that they contributed is Yaya's biscuits, which granted them a fame of the universe's deadliest dessert.

Fang's body couldn't keep up. The only reason they were taking these S-class missions was because of Boboiboy. His power-level got them up from B to a straight S, and with him gone, they're a bunch of kids participating in a boxing match against professionals.

And. There's. Shizuko.

That godforsaken #1 villain ruined everything. And it's not only Fang's team. Everyone's. Sunnova's. TEMPUR-A's. Her warrant has increased by three thousand, but no one could catch her or even see her in action. The only evidence she left behind was a deliberate video clip of her pointing her middle finger at them.