Chapter 4

"Huh? You want me to see TAPOPS?"

Fang nodded. "You're our friend and you're ridiculously powerful. We could use you on our team."

Ice stared blankly at the sky. He was in fact, disinterested in the topic at hand. His personality just sort of affects his current state he was in, and the look on his face was a permenant cold glare. Neither of them had seen any emotion on that face other than silent rage, but it's still a working progress.

Boboiboy's mind worked its gears. Did they only want him because he's powerful? If he wasn't, they probably won't be friendly to him. To him, everyone's a wolf in a sheep's clothing.

Though his view on them had begun to change a while back, that sentence destroyed every positive thought he had about them.

"You sure?" Yaya frowned. "It might bring back some memories... of... you know."

Boboiboy shrugged. "It's fine. I'm used to it."

Obviously, Fang couldn't see the problem. The way he meant was praising Boboiboy, not slandering him. He was about as bright as a pig when it came to personal relationships and communication that involved praising somebody.

"As long as they're not psychopaths, I'm down with that," Boboiboy agreed. "TAPOPS... it's to save power spheres, isn't it?"

Yaya nodded. "Yeah! And Gopal is a cadet. If you join now, you'll be working with him. But I'm sure you'll become a Lance soon."

After they managed to stop Ying from pranking Gopal with her superspeed, they gathered to Ochobot at the cocoa stand. They had to, despite how hilarious it is to see Gopal running around and screaming for his mommy with his shirt covered in fish.

Ochobot wished them luck and opened a portal to the station. Boboiboy wasn't enthusiastic at first, but Gopal practically pushed him into it.

Boboiboy still hadn't got over that little tiff with Adu-du's emotion manipulation scandal, and he was a little tetchy when someone mentions his time as an asshole and revealed something a little too personal. He glared at Ochobot, daring him to say anything and he will turn him into scrap.

The TAPOPS station was exactly how Fang and his friends left it, except for the fact that Ciciko and the Admiral were present. They saluted to them immediately, except for Boboiboy, who, bless him, was a little clueless like usual.

"Ah, Fang!" Ciciko exclaimed. "Thank you for coming. Who is that you brought with you? TAPOPS is strictly forbidden for the outside world to see!"

"Um, Commander, he's our friend and he wants to join TAPOPS," Gopal quickly explained. "He'll be a great help by helping me do my work!"

Normally, Boboiboy would have electrocuted him or whatever, but the care-level in his system was so low it would be obsecured by rat droppings.

Admiral grunted. "Very well! I will allow him to join TAPOPS!"

"But, Admiral—" Ciciko was cut off.

"Provided that he passes the Toughness Test!"

He stirred up a wind of confusion. Everyone blinked and asked questions like "There's a test?" "I hate tests!" "Why didn't we go through it? Isn't it a little unfair for Boboiboy to go through it alone?"

"SILENCE!" Admiral roared, turning to Ciciko in a fury. "YOU MEAN NONE OF THESE TOOK THE TOUGHNESS TEST? NO WONDER TAPOPS HAS BEEN TARGETED SO EASILY!"

He snapped to the children. "You all will take the Toughness Test now. Fang! You have completed the test, am I right?"

With Admiral practically screaming bloody murder in his face, Fang surprisingly didn't back down or scream for Kaizo. Instead, he nodded stiffly. "Um, affirmative, Admiral!"