Enough is Enough

Barry set his coffee down with a sigh, running a frustrated hand through his blonde hair.

You're the Flash Barry! You've faced the impossible! And yet your greatest challenge is trying to figure out what's best for a seventeen year-old man!

Barry raised his head to look out the window. Snow was falling steadily, and he could hear his wife cleaning things up in the kitchen.

He could even hear Wally's snores from the living room.

Right after breakfast, after Dick was back upstairs, Wally had passed out on the couch once again.

Things would have been peaceful. If it wasn't for their guest upstairs.

He's not going to last much longer. And the only one who can fix this is the one who caused it...

He heard movement from the living room and saw Wally head to the stairs, most likely heading to the fallen bird.

Not a very long rest...

Barry was obviously concerned about Dick but he was also concerned about his own nephew too.

This wasn't good for Wally either.

He hasn't been getting enough rest, he's so high strung all the time... and he's being forced by Barry and Iris to eat.

If Wally doesn't eat like he should-- his metabolism will burn right through him.

Barry closed his eyes tight.

He's not ready to bury his nephew. He deserves a long life.

And it's not just his metabolism that's threatening to consume him. It's his overwhelming guilt.

Wally may have unintentionally started this problem... but he's doing his damndist to fix it. Unlike the person who pushed him to the edge...

Barry's eyes flickered to his phone. He told Wally he wouldn't tell Bruce. Not yet. But that was before he knew how bad the kid really was.

Besides, that was nearly twenty-four hours ago.

He strained his ears for a moment...

Wally was definitely upstairs now. In Dick's room.

They're talking about something but Barry couldn't tell what.

He looked towards the kitchen. Iris was still busy.

Fine then.

Barry picked up his phone and selected number three on speed dial.

"Hello Bruce? It's Barry..."

Short? Yes. But I liked that little cliff hanger. So I left it there.