Chapter 14: I could hide from you forever

After leaving Yoongi I ran back into the city. It was just after midnight so Jackson will be at his house. Well I hope he doesn't have a shift right now cause I didn't have a plan B.

But just running away from this place would be a death wish so I had one more thing to do. Good thing I managed to catch a few words G-dragon was saying when he gave me a tour around the place, so now my legs were carrying me straight to the so called kitchen. Well my parents did teach me that stealing was bad but they're dead.

It was unusually dark tonight and I wore all black so hopefully slipping past the guards will be easy. Quite  considerate of them to put all the food in one place

And just as expected a guy with a gun was positioned at the entrance to the building. Feck

I hid behind the corner of the building watching the dude pace around slowly guarding the door to the entrance. And boy he was massive. He was twice as tall as me and his shoulders were unusually broad. What a perfect match for a guard. I snickered. If I were in a movie I could probably karate-kick him like all those badass females and be on my way but my brain was telling me that somehow it's not a good idea.

But I needed to get in there and I needed it fast
I frantically looked around searching for something to distract the guard with when my eyes stuck upon a rock that was laying right under my left foot.
I movie tactics don't work in real life maybe cartoon will.

I grabbed the rock and threw it as far as I could into the nearby bushed.
And it landed making a rustling sound making the guard turn into the direction the sound was coming from.

Victory!

He grabbed his gun and with a grunt followed into the sounds direction leaving the door wide open for me.

Not wasting any time I darted out of my hiding place and straight through the door.
Now all I needed to do was take anything on my sight. Well maybe not too much since these people needed to live too but they had just enough to share.

I grabbed a backpack that was hung on one of the racks and started taking any food that i found.
As the backpack was almost full I grabbed a few granola bars and stuffed them into my pockets just in case I ever get separated with this precious backpack.

As for getting out I couldn't just leave through the front door since the guard was back in his place so I had to figure another way out.
'Again think y/n, think'

I looked around.  there were no vents to go through in this building but there was a window wide open and luckily enough, on the other side of the building than the guard was standing.

I jumped on one of the boxes that gave me a lift just enough to reach a shelf that was right next to the window.
Effortlessly I jumped down into the cold night air and darted for the shadows just before the guard came around the corner to check on the sound.

Mission one- acomplished!

Next target- Jackson

Now finding Jackson was a bit trickier since I've only been to his house once and it was located outside the living area of the city.
So I had to use my intuition. Oh did I tell you I'm a horrible navigator? I can't even count how many times I've lost my parents in a supermarket.

So if I want to find Jackson I need to shut up and start searching.
After what seemed like an hour of looking around I finally managed to find the same abandoned cinema that the two of us walked past when we first met. So it was a peace of cake from there on.
I still kept my distance from open spaces if any of the guards cought me and questioned why a newbie like me was wandering around at night.