Chapter 07 - I Wanted To Spend The Rest Of My Life With You

Hello everyone I hope you're all good. Now I have been debating on whether I should continue this fanfic because of the fact Jai and Ariana have broken up and I thought a lot of you would lose interest in this fanfic because of the fact this relationship doesn't exist anymore. Well I'm gonna continue writing this because its a fanfic right and its not suppose to be real its suppose to be a made up story and well this exactly what it is. So I hope you all continue to read this with me and continue to love what I have to give you in every chapter and well just enjoy it. Thank you for all your constant support and I love you all.

Get the tissues out this is an emotional chapter.

                                                       * * * * *

*Ariana point of view*

We landed in Boca a couple of hours ago and made our way to the hospital immediately. My 90 year old grandpa's cancer is back again and there's nothing I can do about it. Grandpa has battled stomach and colon cancer previously but the doctors say the stomach cancer has returned. The fact he has beaten it two times makes me so proud and and now it's back and I can't bare the thought of him not beating it again. This all just reminds me of when my aunt judy died a couple of years ago and it was the worst thing ever. Frankie and Nonna sat in the corner of Grandpa's hospital room as Nonna sobbed hysterically as Frankie comforted her. My mom and I look on at a fragile and frail grandpa who is tied up to a ton of tubes and is wearing an oxygen mask with no colour in his face at all. My heart hurts. I feel empty.

What makes this all worse is the fact I'm not gonna see Jai for a while. We're both so busy and I know that if anything happens to Grandpa I'm gonna need to spend all of my time with my family. I left the hospital room making my way outside into the car park before calling Jai's number. It rung for a while before he finally answered.

"Hello.. You okay baby? I literally just landed I was about to call you.." He spoke a hint of glee in his voice.

"Jai..My Grandpa is in hospital the cancer has come back.." I told him as tears ran down my face.

"Oh no.. baby I wish I could be there but I can't fly out right now." He spoke sounding almost as sad as I was.

"Jai..I'm so sorry.." I spoke feeling the tears falling from my eyes.

"Why are you sorry baby?" He asked sounding worried.

"I can't do this.. it's hard enough being without you but if anything happens to my Grandpa I'm gonna need to spend all my time with my family and I can't stand being without you and I know that when you come back I won't be there.. so I'm letting you go." I spoke sitting down on the pavement outside as I felt terrible.

There was a long silence,

"But we've done long distance before.. we'll be fine.. I'll fly out as soon as possible." He spoke pleading with me his voice sounded shaky.

"I will never stop loving you Jai.. I just have too much happening right now, you've got to understand. You've done nothing wrong and you've been nothing but good to me." I assured him as I started to cry hysterically.

"Please don't cry.. I wanted to spend the rest of life with you." He spoke his voice breaking a little.

"I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you too, maybe we will.. just know that you haven't done anything wrong okay? There's just so much going on right now. I love you so much and I will never stop.. please enjoy your trip and don't worry about this okay?" I assured him hoping he wouldn't be too upset.

"You'll always be my girl." He declared as he hung up. I knew he was upset, he never just hangs up. I had to do this though too much is happening right now. I'll always love him.

* * * * *

I got up off the pavement putting my phone into my back pocket taking a deep breath and making my way back in to the hospital. If I was going to be strong now was the time.

As I made my way back into the room my Mom was sitting around Grandpa's bed watching his poorly state. We held onto a hand of his each as Nonna and I felt him tighten his grip as a sign he was awaking.

"Grandpa.." I gulped a dozen tears falling from my eyes as Frankie and Nonna rushed to his bedside.

"I love.. you.. all..." He said faintly as I knew what was going to happen.

"Frank! Please don't leave us.." Nonna pleaded holding his hand tightly tears streaming down her face as we all started to cry.

"My love, It will all be okay." He. spoke even faintlier to Nonna as she held onto his hand tightly.

"F..r.a.n..k..i..e." He muttered smiling at Frankie as Frankie took his hand and held it tightly.

"Angel." He spoke smiling up at my mother.

"Bellissima." He mumbled looking right at me as I took his hand looking into his eyes as I watched the light fade out of his eyes and his hand grew cold and stone like in my grasp. Every single second I shared with him flashed across my mind. I couldn't make the tears stop, and all my regrets about when I didn't see him when I could have kept jumping out at me making me feel guilty. I could not comprehend that he was really gone.

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!" Nonna screamed loudly as she fell to the floor sobbing hysterically as Frankie comforted her. I sat myself down on the floor sobbing hysterically as my mother comforted me throwing her arms around me.

* * * * *

Last night Grandpa passed away and I am still completely saddened and upset. This man was more of a dad than my actual dad and he meant the world to me. His stories, his jokes, the fact he wore a suit everyday these are things I will miss so much. He's no longer suffering anymore and thats the only good thing out of this but I will really miss him so much.

Nonna lit a candle as we all sat around the table surrounded by pictures of Grandpa Grande as I read out a poem I had written if after it happened.

You are gone but you will never be forgotten

Tears streamed down my face when I saw you that way

I love you Grandpa, I will love you everyday

As tears raced down my face

I knew you'd soon be in a happier place

We all miss you dearly and we just want to see your face

Nonna's love will follow you wherever you go

Oh how she loved you so

Now it's time to say goodbye

Until we will all see you again one day.

RIP GRANDPA GRANDE Gone but Never Forgotten.

): next update will be next Wednesday