Chapter 09 - A Permanent Smile

Extremely sorry that I haven't updated sooner. I have been incredibly busy but I have updated with a longer update just to make up for not updating. I hope you all enjoy it.

                                                 *   *   *   *  *

*Ariana's Pov*

The cold chilling new york weather breezed through my shivering body, as I made my through the crowd of paparazzi who's flashing lights blinded me as I brushed past screaming girls and boys who had came out to support me. I was wearing a Gingham top, that just happened to be sleeveless which didn't help how cold I felt. I also wore matching trousers. The door was open so I could sprint in quickly in time for my interview. I made my way in closely followed behind by my mother and manager Scooter as I began to feel a lot warmer once inside. 

Today is my interview on Good Morning America. Everyone has been saying how maybe it's just a little too soon for me to go straight back into work, but Grandpa always said to me that I should never cancel business or commitments and he always spoke the truth. Besides I'm doing this for him and I've got to stay strong.

"Hi, glad you could make it..right this way.." One of the crew members greeted me once I was inside. I started to follow him.

"Wait.." My mom spoke stopping me in my tracks.

"What?.." I answered just wanting to get it all over and done with.

"Are you sure you want to do this interview? Don't you think it's a bit too soon? you're still grieving sweetie." My mum spoke sounding worried.

"Momma, I'll be fine." I assured her as I took her hand squeezing it a little to let her know that I'd be okay.

"Okay sweetie, we'll all be watching proudly backstage." She replied pecking my forehead lightly as I then followed the crew guy backstage.

"5,4,3,2,1.." I heard the camera man call.

"Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to the stage.. Miss Ariana Grande." Robin Roberts introduced me. My stomach immediately filled with butterflies as I made my way on the stage to cheers from the crowd.

"Wonderful too meet you." Robin greeted me as we shared a hug.

I took a seat on the chair opposite Robin as I prepared myself for the interview.

"Right, let's talk about the new single Break Free.. What's it about? and how was it working with Zedd?" She asked me as the crowd cheered again. I smiled.

"It's just a really good feel good song.. I mean it's my first EDM electro pop kinda of song and it's just a very different sounding for me. It features Zedd who is this really cool producer and I was very honored to be able to work with him. Break Free is about just saying no to someone that you think that you need. The person embraces their true personality and they're stronger now that they can finally say they doesn't need them, therefore they are breaking free." I explained as the audience clapped at my explanation.

"Have you been in that situation before?" Robin asked me as the Audience oohed.

"Not necessarily.. I have someone in my life right now that I don't really ever want to Break Free from." I responded as Robin grinned at me.

"Aw, is somebody in love?" Robin teased me. I blushed covering my face.

"Unconditionally." I replied as Robin grinned again.

"And what's the best thing about being in love?" Robin questioned me.

"Um.. I guess the permanent smile you wear because you can't help but smile whenever that person is near." I replied blushing at the end of my sentence.