The Party

Today is Friday, just one more day of school until I get a couple days away from Alexis.  I got up and did my daily things before school (Breakfast and getting dressed) and then walked out the door saying “Goodbye!”  To my mom.  I got on my bike and went to school.

            I got there and went to our usual spot and everyone was there already… Including Alexis.  ‘Time to put my fake smile on!’ I thought to myself.  When I got there I said hello to everyone and then sat down with them.  I didn’t talk much right then and I went straight to my class leaving Chandler with Alexis when the bell rang.  I didn’t talk to Chandler at all during first period, and not very much during lunch.  When the bell saying it was sixth period sounded I went to my 6th period class.  When I got there Chandler was already there.  I sat down saying, “Hey.”  He responded with a wave.  After class started Chandler started talking to me about random stuff.  Out of the blue he asked, “So are you still coming to my party? “

            “Yea?  It is after school right?  Why did you think I might not be coming?”  I responded confused.

            “Well, you have just been acting weirdly lately… but I was just making sure you were still coming.”

            “Umm, okay?”

            “So why are you acting so weird lately?  I know you are quiet but you are usually very talkative around me…”

            “I don’t know… I’m just dealing with shit, don’t worry I’ll get over it.”

            “Oh okay, well if you need to talk just text me dude.”  I could tell he was worried about me for some reason.

            “Okay…” The class went by pretty fast.  I gave Chandler a bro shake before leaving to get my bike to go home.  I was going to go home and change, then go to the party.  I got home and changed into some different jeans and t-shirt, then combed my hair trying my hardest to get my hair to do what I want it to do, but I fail.  I then decide that I'm going to walk there so that if people get drunk they won’t jack my bike.

            As I'm walking I check my phone and see that it is 3:45pm.  He didn’t have an exact time, just said after school, so I hope I'm not early or late. I got there at 3:50pm.  When I got there I could tell that the party had already started because there was music playing and lights going everywhere.  I knocked on the door and it took like a minute before anyone came to the door.

            The door opened quickly and it was Chandler.  I was greeted with a bro shake and then he invited me inside.  His house was really big but it wasn’t surprising because I’ve been here before.  He led me to where everyone was dancing and prett much yelled because of how loud the music was, “I hope you aren’t going to be awkward!  Just mingle!”

            “Okay!”  I yelled back so he could hear.  He started to say something else but was cut off by… Alexis, obviously… She pulled him away from me by his arm and they started making out.  I scowled at her while she wasn’t looking, ‘I hope Chandler didn’t see that’ I thought to myself.  I walked around his house and ran into Wes.  He was eating something; I couldn’t tell what it was.  He said, “Oh hey Jason!”

            “Hey!  How’s the party?”

            “It’s fucking great!”  He then whispered in my ear, “The beer is upstairs by the way.”  He pulled back and smiled, then took another bite of his food.  We split ways and he went onto the dance floor.  I said to myself, “Well, if I am going to enjoy myself I might as well get drunk for fucks sake.”  I slowly made my way upstairs to look for the beer.  When I got up there I saw and cooler and I opened it up to see what was in it.  It was beer; I took one out and started drinking it, not like I haven’t had beer before.

            After having two beers I walked downstairs clumsily, I wasn’t fully drunk but was still a little drunk… did that make sense?  That was when I saw Chandler by himself sitting on the couch.  I walked over to him and asked, “Watcha doin?  Shouldn’t you be mingling? If I am supposed to you should too!”

            He laughed and then looked at me with a serious look on his face, “You were right about Alexis dude, she is bad news.”

            “What happened?”

            “After she pulled me away from you she led me to my bedroom, and then tried to get all up in my pants.  But I’m not like that, so I was like ‘get up off me’ and she wouldn’t so I pushed her off me and we broke up.  Not that big of a deal though, I’ve gone 15 years without a long-term girlfriend, so I’ll be fine.  I just want to get drunk now.”  He laughed.

            “Okay then, you want me to get some drinks?”

            “Sure.”  He smiled.  I walked back up the stairs and grabbed a couple of beers and then went back to Chandler.  I handed him one and I took the other.  We drank the beers and talked while we also watched everyone dancing, it was funny watching the drunk dancing people because they kept falling over.  After we finished our drinks I could tell that Chandler could not hold his alcohol because he wants drunk as fuck.  I had drunk 3 already and was still almost regular.  He got up and started dancing on the dance floor and I just watched his irregular dancing.  After ten minutes of him dancing he sat back down.

            I looked at my phone to see the time, it was already 9:00pm, holy shit time went by fast.  I saw Chandler’s eyes close and I smiled, he was very peaceful and cute when he was asleep.  Is it creepy to watch someone sleep?  Probably.  After sitting there half watching him sleep I decided it would be nice to get him to his bed. (Not in a sexual way… at least not yet >.>)  I shook him and woke him up; I could tell he was only half awake.  I said, “You want my help to get to bed?  I can tell you’re tired.”  He nodded his head to say yes so I helped him get up.  I then helped him walked up the stairs and into his bedroom.  I got him onto his bed, and he was laying face up.  He then closed his eyes slowly and started snoring.  I just stood there for a couple minutes watching him sleep.  I know I'm a weirdo.

            After like three minutes I started to open the door to leave but I felt an urge to kiss him.  So I very quietly walked over to him.  I then leaned down and my face was only a couple inches away.  ‘This isn’t a dream Jason' I thought to myself, I then moved down a little more so that our lips touched.  I closed my eyes and put a little more pressure.

            I then felt a hand grab onto each of my shoulders and then rapidly push me away from Chandler.  I opened my eyes quickly and looked at Chandler, his eyes were wide open and were staring at me.