Coming out!!!

After I got home, I gave a goodnight kiss to Austin, and said, “Thanks for the ride Mrs. Ross.”  To his mom.  I walked into my house and went up to my room.  Once I got up to my room I started to think about how I was going to act towards him during school.  It would be suspicious if I tried to push him into my group.  But if I didn’t then I would only see him during 6th period.  After about an hour of trying to decide what to do, I decided that, if I wanted to be with my boyfriend, I would have to come out…  Tomorrow is officially going to be the hardest day of my life.  I pulled out my phone and saw that it was almost midnight.  “Hopefully he is still awake.”  I said to myself.

            I called Austin, and it was ringing.  “Hi Jason.”

            “Hey Austin, I was wondering… if I came out… co-”

            I was cut off, “You’re going to come out!!! YAY!”

            “Yea… but only to my group at school, so pretty much the whole school.  But if I did that, than that would mean you would be too, because I would introduce you as my boyfriend…  Is that okay?”  I’m really hoping he will say it’ll be okay with him.

            “Well… I’ll do it for you.”

            “Okay, so could you meet me in front of school at like 7:15?”

            “I’ll be there, I'm so proud of you!”

            “Thanks…” We hung up and I immediately got a text from him, ‘so proud :) <3 <3 <3’ I responded with ‘thanks bby <3’

            After that, I decided to go to sleep because I just wanted to get this over with, my heart is beating like crazy, I am so nervous.  I turned off my light and went to sleep.

            I woke up to my alarm clock; it is so fricking loud and annoying.  I turned it off, pulled on some clothes and went to get some breakfast.  After breakfast I got dressed, then said “Bye!” to my mom as I walked out the door.  While riding to school I thought of how I was going to come out to my group…

            Once I got to school I locked up my bike, then went to the front of the school and looked for Austin.  He was leaned up against a tree.  I walked up to him and said, “Hiya!  Are you ready to do this?  Cause I am definitely not, how about we skip school?  Go get like, some pizza?”

            “Sorry Jayce, but you have to do this, I’ll help you through it.”  He hugged me for like half a second and then realized neither of us had come out yet, so he pulled back.  Is Jayce going to be a nickname for me?  It was kinda cute.  I guided him toward where my group sits.  I wanted to turn and run away right now, but I knew Austin would stop me; he is a lot stronger than me.  We got to where we could see my group and they were all there.

            “Oh my god Austin, I don’t think I can do this.  I’m so nervous right now."

            “You can do it, just say ‘Hey guys, I’m gay’” He practically pulled me the rest of the way.  When we got up to them he nudged my shoulder.

            “Hey Jason, who’s this?”  Avery asked nicely.

            “Uh, this is Austin.”  He waved to them.

            “Hiya Austin.”  She said with a bright smile on her face.

            Out of nowhere he said, as he nudged my shoulder again, “Jason has something to tell you guys.”

            “Okay Austin, fine… Guys… I hope you are okay with this.  I’m…” I paused for like five seconds; I started again when Austin nudged my shoulder again.  “I’m… Gay.”  They all were surprised by it, but after they finally processed it they were really nice about it.

            “I don’t think anyone here cares, so… is Austin your…” Avery was pretty much the one talking for the group right now.

            “Yea, he’s my boyfriend.”  Right when I said that Austin put his arm around my waist.  I looked at him and he was smiling.

            “So does this mean I can get my hello kiss now?”  He laughed.  I leaned in and kissed him, it was a long kiss.  We finally stopped when someone from the group cleared their throat in the way to get someone’s attention.  We separated and then looked back at the group.

            “So… can Austin be like part of our group now?”  I asked awkwardly.

            Avery looked around at everyone and then said, “Sure,” and then patted the seat next to her.  Austin let go of me and sat down, then gestured me to come to him.  I walked over to him and sat down on his lap.

            It was awkward silence for a couple seconds, but it was broken when Josh asked, “So how long have you two been together?”

            “We got together yesterday.”  I answered.  Josh then started a random conversation.  Luckily I think Austin is fitting in pretty well, he has started talking to the group more than I did.  The rest of the day was uneventful.  I was really happy that things between Chandler and I were back to normal.  And now I had a boyfriend, AND I could act like myself now around him, since I came out. Life is pretty good.

Don't worry, Chandler is still a part of this story ;)