2 ~ Uncertain

When I returned to the art room, I was surprised that Marie didn't order her guards to cut off my head right when I entered the room. Everyone was doing the same routine as before. I felt awkward and my stomach was churning and twisting my insides. Did Jinyoung not tell Marie?

     After two hours of designing and perfecting Marie's campaign posters, we finally finished. Liz had to leave early for marching band practice which left Marie, Mark, Jinyoung and me to clean up. I would stray away from Mark most of the time so no one would suspect that anything was happening between us. To clarify, I strayed from the whole group and did my own cleaning by myself. 

"Good job sisters!" Marie exclaims as she stares at the posters while I collect the markers and return them to their bins. "I love it! I'm totally gonna murder Samuel Kim!" I scoff as I pick up some paper on the floor.

"I'm gonna dip." I say as I shoot the paper perfectly into the trash bin. When I look back at the group, Mark and Jinyoung stare at me. I quickly glance away and grab my bag in a hurry. My cheeks flush red so I look down as I walk.

"Who's taking you home?" I hear Jinyoung's deep voice ask. I stop in my tracks and turn to look at him.

"I'm taking the bus." I smile. "Bye." I squeak and scurry out the door. 

     While waiting for the late bus to arrive, I sit against the wall in the commons while listening to music. I stick my earphones in my ears to block out any surrounding noises. I click on Spotify and play my r&b playlist. The weekend by SZA, the Calvin Harris version, start to play. I lip sync with my eyes closed as I listen. 

"Hey!" I hear faintly and open my eyes to see Jinyoung smiling in front of me. It's been a while since I've seen that beautiful smile. I giggle a little while taking off one earphone from my ear. I blush a little and look down at the floor. 

"How long have you been there?" I question as my face burns up.

"Not long." Jinyoung grins more. "You do know the buses have left, right?" I look outside to see the buses leaving the parking lot. I gasp and shake my head as I watch them depart from the school.

"Shit." I curse.

"You're still clumsy," Jinyoung says with admiration in his voice. I smile and look at him. "Even after being with serious Jinyoung."

"Yeah..." I say quietly.

"You want me to drive you home?" Jinyoung asks. I shake as I try to answer but no words come out of my mouth. How is he so calm? Even after everything? I just nod my head and walk with him to his car.

"I feel so dumb."  I say as I sit in the front seat of the car.

"It's okay, you've always been forgetful." Jinyoung comforts me with a smile. I stare at him as we pull out and sigh.

"How... How are you?" I ask. How are you, seriously?  

"I'm good." Jinyoung says. He starts to turn on the radio and connects my phone to the aux. 

"What are you doing?" I question as I watch him while he hurriedly opens up Spotify while we are at a stoplight.

"I haven't heard you sing in a while." Jinyoung says with a mischievous grin. 

"No, stop!" I plead but already sink into my chair once he turns on my favorite song, Beautiful by Miguel.

     I blush as the song starts and cover my face while Jinyoung laughs at my flustered self. I give in and start singing which makes Jinyoung sing with me. It was like old times. I miss him. I watch him as he sings and just glow with happiness. When the song is over, Jinyoung lowers the volume as the next song plays. I stare at him when he pulls into the driveway of my house. I sigh as I look at the front door.

"So..." Jinyoung says and breaks the silence. "You and Mark?" My eyes widen as I hear those three words together. 

"No!" I say. "We aren't... What you saw..." I stutter. I clear my throat to gather all my thoughts. "There's nothing there." I declare and look at Jinyoung to see his serious face again. He bites his lip and nods.

"Okay." Jinyoung says.

"Why... Why didn't you tell Marie about that?" I ask, curiously.

"I didn't want you to get killed." Jinyoung says. 

"He made the first move." I say. "And he was just begging me to help him with Marie. You trust me right?" I ask.

"You would never do that to anyone, Mae." Jinyoung gives me a warm smile. "Not even Marie."

"Thank you." I say. "Thanks for the ride."

"No problem." Jinyoung says. I grab my things and exit the car. When I enter my room and close my door shut, I think back to what happened today. What was that?

     A ring comes from my phone and I immediately take my phone out of my pocket. Mark?  

"Hello?" I answer. 

"Hey Mae Soon." Mark responds.

"Hey... Mark Tuan?" I say. "Why are you calling me?"

A/N

I apologize to all the aghases who don't like Jinyoung as a bias or bias wrecker. I just felt like he would fit the best part as the ex-boyfriend. This is an MARK FF. I just need to build a story for the characters first. Hope you guys are enjoying it! More Mark fluff to come I promise!