6 ~ Unforgettable

Your POV

I wake up in a familiar room but it isn't my room. I look around with a pounding headache and hold my head for a few seconds to adjust. I squint my eyes so I wouldn't be blind from the bright light. Where am I? I feel an arm around me and look behind me to see Mark embracing me. I quickly get out of his grasp and fall to the floor. The loud thud of my body falling onto the floor wakes up Mark. I stand up quickly, still experiencing a sharp pain on my back. I stretch as I stare at Mark. I try not to scream in pain and try to stand up straight even with my headache. I see Mark's concerned face as he sits up on the bed.

"Mae!" He says with a surprised look.

"We didn't do anything?" I ask as I notice him and I wearing our clothes. He shakes his head and starts to smile. "Why are you smiling?" I notice his smirk as he sits up on the bed. "Why are we..." I look around again and realize where we are. "Is this Marie's guest room?" Mark nods at me. "Shit." I shake my head and quickly grab my things. "Why aren't you with Marie?"

"She's... I saw her with someone else." Mark says with a sad tone. I sigh and stop gathering my belongings. Instead, I sit next to him.

"I'm sorry." I say. "But why decide to literally sleep with me?"

"You were drunk." Mark says. I had to make sure you weren't going to get raped. How drunk was I?

"Oh, thanks." I smile at him. "Why was I drinking last night?" I say as I scratch my head. I couldn't remember anything.

"I don't know. You were chugging down shots though when I saw you." Mark says.

I try to remember and then realize why I was drinking. My eyes widen as tears fill up my eyes once again from remembering. Mark sees me about to cry and stares at me with a nervous face.

"Mae?" Mark asks. "What's wrong?" I wipe my tears from my face and smile. If I tell him, his heart will be broken like mine. I can't let him experience that.

"Nothing. Just my headache." I lie and then grab my bag from the desk. "Does she know we are together in here?"

"She thinks everyone has left." Mark states. "Are you sure you're fine?" I nod and then check the time on my phone.

"She's probably still sleeping." I say. "I'm gonna go now."

"Wait." Mark says. "Let me take you home."

"But my car..." I get interrupted.

"Liz took it home, plus you're hungover." Mark says as he holds my hand and quietly sneaks us both out of the house. We make it out to the car and he opens the door to let me sit. Why is he being nice to me? When he turns on the car, he looks over at me again. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." I say.

"You can go back to sleep if you want." Mark says and smiles.

"Thanks." I say awkwardly. I drift back to sleep.

Mark's POV

Her beautiful face when she sleeps. There it is again in my car. I smile at her and start to drive out of Marie's neighborhood. What happened last night was crazy. I couldn't believe it.

*Flashback*

"Mark!" I hear someone call me. I am talking to Youngjae about Mae when Liz walks over to us.

"I heard about Mae." Liz states. "Is she okay?"

"Yeah, she's upstairs with JB." Youngjae states.

"I'll take her car home." Liz says. "Marie won't mind if she stays over anyway."

"Oh, okay." I say. "I'll get it." I run back upstairs and knock on the door as I wait for Jaebum to let me in. He opens the door with a smile.

"Mark!" JB says with a laugh.

"Hey?" I answer and walk inside. "I'm getting Mae's keys. Liz offered to take her car back home."

"Oh okay." JB says.

"Who is that?" I hear another voice and see Mae half awake.

"It's just Mark." JB says.

"Oh, we were just talking about you!" Mae says which grabs my attention. Her eyes are half opened and her words are slurred. She's cute when she's drunk.

"What were you talking about?" I ask and open her purse to find her keys. JB starts cracking up which alarms me.

"You look hot shirtless." Mae smiles which makes me turn red.

"I thought you guys are together." I say awkwardly. Mae starts laughing which makes JB laugh too.

"JB is cute but not MARK cute." Mae giggles. I blush even more. She won't remember any of this. She's still drunk but hopefully, she means what she is saying. I still have to watch what I say because JB might tell her later. As I look through her purse I notice a familiar paper folded up in her bag. Shit. She actually read them? Why does she have these?

"Found them!" I say and quickly grab the keys and leave the room. If she has one, she has all of them. Mae knows. Mark, stop it's anonymous, you're fine! Yeah, it's anonymous.

*Flashback Ends*

I still remember every word I wrote to her. Was I that much in love with a girl I barely knew? I pitied her. I didn't like her. Right? I couldn't like her. I just felt bad. I didn't love her. I was just stupid. She won't find out it was me anyway.

A/N

It was pretty obvious it was Mark.