29 ~ Unsatisfied

I smile when I am greeted with a warm hug. The hug is different from the hugs I've had from Marie before but not unfamiliar. It feels better and more wholesome than the ones we've had during high school or when I comforted her when she cried about dumb things. It was like I was hugging my old best friend again. The one that didn't care about popularity or boys or cheer.

"I've missed you." I whisper into her ear.

"I've missed you too." Marie has the most smooth voice and brightest smile. It looks good on her. "I see you brought..." She turns around and sees Jinyoung who is smirking. "Oh, hi." Marie says with a surprised but shy tone.

"Hi." Jinyoung smiles and waves.

"Are you two?" Marie assumes but we quickly shut her down.

"No, no!" We both exclaim. Marie nods but then is interrupted by a bunch of screaming girls off to the side. We all look across the hall to see a group of girls gawking at Jinyoung.

"Don't worry about them. They probably haven't seen a boy since the beginning of the school year." Marie scoffs. "Let's go somewhere more quiet."

Marie leads us out into the courtyard where beautiful tulips and roses are grown. We walk down the cobblestone trail.

"Yeah, I know Hana." Marie confesses after I explain why I am here. "Such a bitch." She says with the hatred pitch she uses when she gossips about someone she hates.

"What did she do to make you hate her so much?" Jinyoung asks.

"That's another story." Marie dodges the question. "Hana is a bitch to you back home?"

"You could say that." I say. "And we need you to come to a party tonight." Marie laughs and then stops walking to look at Jinyoung and me.

"A party?" Marie laughs. "I'm not allowed to leave school grounds."

Jinyoung and I look at each other and sigh. My phone starts to ring and I answer it.

"Mark?" I answer.

"Mae! I've been so worried. Where are you?" I hear screaming and loud music in the background and then sigh.

"Sorry, I'm going to be late to the party."

"Where are you?"

"I'm fine, Mark."

"I don't want to be at this party if you're not here."

"I'll be there, I promise."

"Okay, be careful."

"Mark! Come play beer pong with me!" I hear a familiar, female voice. I roll my eyes as I try to depict the scene.

"Y-Yeah I'll be right there." Mark replies. "Mae, I love you."

"Love you too." I sigh and then hang up. I look up at Jinyoung and Marie who were watching me the whole time. Marie sighs and then looks up at the sky as if she's asking for guidance.

"Let's go." Marie says and then starts heading out of the courtyard.

"What do you mean? I thought you can't leave." I say as I follow her.

"Yeah, I can't but that won't stop me." Marie smiles.

////

After sneaking past the guards, Jinyoung, Marie, and I drive thirty miles back to town to Hana's place. Marie smiles once she closes the car door and stands on the lawn of Hana's enormous house. She crosses her arms as she looks at the house.

"Quaint." Marie says which makes Jinyoung and I scoff. We hear a bunch of laughter and screaming from inside as loud music plays in the back. "She thinks she can throw a party." Marie laughs. "We'll see about that." She stomps inside wit Jinyoung and I following behind with scared faces.

Marie opens the door wide open which makes all the noise and ruckus louder. I feel a rush of adrenaline when I notice a bunch of people drinking, dancing, and playing games. I walk into the living room which is filled with people dancing with each other and making out. I look around and see a lonely gentleman sitting on a couch next to a couple making out. He is drinking. I smile and walk over to hover over him.

"Hey you." I purse my lips after greeting Mark who stops sipping from his cup. I see him smirk slowly. "You look lonely."

"Where have you been?" Mark asks with an annoyed tone. I sigh and then sit on his lap and wrap my arms around his neck.

"I had to pick someone up before coming here." I say. "Are you mad at me?" I ask when I notice Mark avoiding eye contact with me.

"No." Mark says in a quiet voice, still looking away. I gently place my head on Mark's chin and turn his face so his eyes meet mine.

"I'm sorry."

I pout in a cute tone as I try to look into Mark's eyes. He faces me and stares into my puppy eyes which makes his grim look completely fade into a smile. He blushes and then kisses me which makes me smile again.

"Who did you pick up?" He questions in a slightly annoyed voice.

"Markip-" I look up to see Hana with smudged lipstick.

She pauses when she sees me sitting on Mark and crosses her arms. Hana smirks and then fixes her lipstick as she wipes the side of her mouth with her finger.

"So glad you could make it." She says in a sweet yet misleading voice.

"Really?" I ask, as monotone as I could be.

"Did you bring Mar?" Hana asks as she scopes the room.

Mark tightens his grip on my waist which makes me look down at him. I notice his confused face and nod to let him know that Marie is here.

"Why do you want to see her so bad anyway?" Mark finally speaks which makes Hana do a 180 turn. She smiles sweetly as she bends down towards us.

"She made a deal with me." Hana smirks which makes me feel nauseous.

"Deal? What deal?" I question and get up from Mark's lap. Hana straightens her posture and folds her arms again.

"Hana!" Marie shouts as she walks into the room. The music stops playing and all eyes fall on Marie.

"Perfect timing." Hana grins.