33 ~ Unconditional

MAE'S POV

Which is what I wished happened. I stan silently behind him as I wait for my drink. The pressure and tension kills me but I manage and just stare off into the loud, hype crowd on the dance floor. Hopefully, Mark doesn't notice me standing near him.

The bartender calls my name and I pick up my drink awkwardly as I pass by Mark who definitely looks at me then. I quickly walk back to my chair. I could feel my heart beating normally again.

I sigh as I take a sip of my punch and hear some murmurs about me from another table. I turn to see some of Hana's friends staring at me and quickly turn around to avoid eye contact. I sip my cup again until Youngjae notices my anxious self.

"Are you okay?" Youngjae asks and places an arm on my shoulder. I nod and then fake a smile as I look forward at the dancing crowd. "C'mon." Youngjae stands from his chair and lends me his hand.

I smile at his kind gesture and shrug as I follow him out onto the dance floor. Yugyeom and BamBam dance towards me as they dab and do fortnite dances which makes me want to walk off the dance floor. I laugh at their geekiness but the happiness is soon ending once the fast, hype music ends.

This song turns on, making me think back to Mark again. The lyrics and the meaning is pointing back to Mark. I search the room for him and notice he is at the DJ booth himself. He is playig this song on purpose. I shake my head and look at the ground and quickly run out of the ballroom.

Trying to catch my breath and have a moment to think, I sit against the wall in the hallway and start to play with the fabricof my dress. Without realizing, I'm crying.

"Mae." I hear a quiet voice and look up slowly.

The last face I would want to see right now. He looks down at me with his beautiful, endearing eyes and his perfect face which makes me want to cry even more for the fact that he's not mine to have. I sniffle and wipe my tears away as I am about to stand but he stops me and sits down next to me. I look over at him with a confused face.

"Shouldn't you be inside?" I look away and try to change the subject as I suck up my tears.

"Mae." Mark says in a soft voice but I avoid eye contact.

"You played that song, to remind me of us?" I bombard him with questions. Mark nods and then gulps. "You know I didn't break up with you because I didn't love you anymore." I say.

"You think ending us is helping anyone?" Mark questions me. I sigh and close my eyes.

"I'm helping you. I don't want you to get hurt because of me." I confess. "I feel so needy and problematic. I haven't done anything to add up to what you have done for me."

"That's not true." Mark softly speaks. "Every second you're with me is enough and I know you would say the same for me."

"I would say the same but I'm not enough for you. You are perfect, you are everything I could ask for and more and I don't deserve it."

"You are my everything, Mae. Of course you deserve me. These past weeks haven't been easy. It's been so difficult to not pick up my phone and text you about my day. Or text you late at night because I miss you."

"It's been hard for me to not want your arms again. I wish we could just start over this whole thing."

"I don't. The memories I've made with you no matter how beautiful or tragic, I will clutch onto forever. I can't forget the times we would eat chips and watch movies together or go on hiking dates. I miss us. I know you do too."

I open my eyes and look at Mark and nod slowly. When I look into his eyes, I feel a sense of safety. I immediately hug him and start to sob. I hear Mark softly cry as I'm in his arms.

"I miss you." I whisper. "I love you. So much." Mark tightens the embrace.

"I love you too." He says. I let go and smile at his watery eyes. Mark looks away and tries to blink his tears away. I giggle as I turn his face back to face me. I kiss him softly making me feel a rush of ecstasy.

"Are we gonna buss down on the dance floor or what?" I question with a grin. Mark smiles at me and nods. I wipe my tears away as Mark does and he helps me up.

"That's where you guys are." Jinyoung comes out into the hall to see us standing up from the ground with puffy cheeks. Jinyoung clears his throat and smirks. He looks behind him. "Mae, someone is here for you."

Marie appears and stands beside Jinyoung with a shy smile. She is wearing a floral cocktail dress and has her hair curled. I feel a wave of happiness. I hug her instantly and she hugs me back.

"I'm so sorry for being a bitch and for being the most horrible best friend ever. You didn't deserve any of it and you don't even have to accept my useless apology. I know I won't be able to do anything to pay for what I did." Marie rambles but I stop hugging her.

"Marie, I've known you for my whole life. I love you, okay." I smile.

I hear a familiar song start to play and blush as it brings back memories. (A/N: Turn on any slow song you really would want to slow dance too!) I turn to Mark who is standing so handsomely. I reach for his hands and lock it in mine. I look at Marie and Jinyoung who nod at us as we walk in. I bring Mark to the dance floor as other couples surround us. Mark places his hand gently on my hip and the other in his hand. I stare at him as he leads me across the floor.

"I'm too lucky." I say as I stare into his eyes which meet mine when he looks back at me.

He looks surprised by my statement but his face softens after. Mark kisses me passionately and pulls away to kiss my forehead. I step closer towards Mark and rest my head on his shoulder. I feel his arm hold me as we dance.

"I love you." He whispers in my ear.

A/n
this is the end of the book :((( our journey has ended!! i just want to say THANK YOU for reading this book. i thought no one would read it but then the chapter started getting views and comments which motivated me to keep going. I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT OTHER BOOK YOU WANT ME TO WRITE AND WHO THE SIGNIFICANT OTHER SHOULD BE!!!

if u want to read the epilogue i recommend it.

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER BOOKS IF YOU COULD PLEASE 💜