27 ~ Unnecessary

Why is Mark attracted to disgusting, inconsiderate people? Am I one of them?

"Mae?"

I hear down the hall and my eyes grow wide when I look back to see Hana and her friend gone. I give out a sigh of relief and turn to see Youngjae.

"Hey." I smile softly, trying to play off what I was doing before.

"You know it's lunchtime, why are you out here in the hall?" Youngjae asks. I try to think of something quickly.

"My mom called me. It was important." I lie.

"Is she okay?" Youngjae asks, looking a little concerned. I nod. "We should get lunch now." Youngjae says and escorts me into the cafeteria.

"Mae." Mark wraps his arms around me. I hug him back and smile. "I haven't seen you since this morning." He says in a tired voice as he hugs me tighter.

"Babe, I can't breathe."

I struggle to spit out my words but Mark quickly let's go and starts blushing. I giggle at him and caress his face.

"You're adorable." I say and then see Hana in my view behind Mark, watching from afar. My smile escapes my face and droops into a frown.

"What's wrong?" Mark asks and I look at him to see him concerned.

"Nothing." I fake a smile "Is Hana sitting with us?" I ask and look towards her direction as she is talking to the friend she was with at her locker.

"No, she has other friends." Mark says to me which makes me smirk. Mark notices and pinches my cheeks. "You're cute when you're jealous." I remove his hands from my face and give him an annoyed look.

"I'm not jealous." I lie. Mark stays silent while he smiles at me, knowing that I was. I roll my eyes. "Let's just go get lunch." I say.

Before I enter the Music Production class, I notice Jackson and BamBam looking at a poster outside. I turn and walk over to them and look at the banner with them.

"Spring Fling?" I read out.

"It's in three weeks." BamBam says. "I need to find a date!"

"Me too!" Jackson states. I roll my eyes and sigh.

"It's a flower theme, that's cute." I say.

"Leave, you taken swine!" Jackson exclaims which makes my jaw drop. Jackson realizes what he said and covers his mouth. I hit him in the shoulder. "I'm sorry." Jackson cries.

"Jackson is so rude to girls." BamBam jokes. I start laughing and Jackson's head droops down.

"You're fine, Jackson." I pity him and pat his shoulder. "Just don't say it again."

I smile and prance inside the classroom. I remember that I don't sit in between Taehyung and Mark when I start walking towards that seat. I stop and look behind me to see Hana. Awkward.

"Sorry, I forgot I don't sit there anymore." I say and then try to return to my new seat but Hana blocks my way.

"You're... Marie's friend, right?" Hana tilts her head with a investigating look. I sigh and nod. Hana smiles at me. "I love her, such a cutie!" Hana says and then walks away from me and takes her seat. I scoff and walk to my seat next to Jackson. Jackson turns to me with a concerned look.

"What happened?" Jackson asks as I stare into the screen of my computer with an annoyed expression.

"She really wants to push my buttons, huh." I mutter.

"What did she say?"

"She is trying to mock me by degrading me to 'Marie's friend.'" I say.

"You hate that." Jackson says with an uneasy look.

"I don't understand why he dated her. I'm more than the popular girl's friend." I say as I grit my teeth.

"You want to know why Mark liked her so much?" Jackson asks. I nod my head with a hopeful feeling. "They were childhood friends and mistaken what they had for love. Mark never really liked her like that."

"That's why he was saying when he liked her, he was too young to know what love is." I say as I think back to yesterday. I shouldn't be jealous or worried.

"What?" Jackson looks over at me with a confused look.

"Nothing." I must have been thinking out loud.

When the period was over, I immediately head straight to Mark, Hana, and Taehyung. Taehyung notices the smile on my face and looks at me with a confused reaction. Mark starts to smile when he sees me walking over as I notice Hana trying to hide her grim look. 

"Mae!" Hana exclaims when I stand next to Mark. I smile politely at her. "We were just talking about the party I'm having tomorrow night." I look up at Mark who gives me an endearing smile. "You should come."

"Sure." I say. 

"You should bring Marie." Hana implies and touches my arm. I flinch and try to fake my shocked reaction. 

"Uh, I'll see if she can come." I say with an uneasy tone. 

"Good, well bye." Hana leaves. 

"Why would she want Marie to come?" I say and look at Taehyung and Mark. Mark shrugs as I stare at him with a questioning face.

"Do you think she would come?" Taehyung asks. "After the whole thing that happened."

"It's been a months" Mark says.

"I don't know."  I shake my head and sigh. 

"I gotta go, bye guys." Taehyung waves goodbye and leaves. I turn to Mark and show a fake smile.

"Don't let Hana get to your head." Mark tells me. I nod.

"Are we still hanging out tonight?" I ask with hope. Mark sighs in devastation.

"I have to have dinner with my parents..." Mark says and pauses. "and Hana's family." I feel my heart sink but try to stay neutral. I try to keep a straight face and stop myself from exploding.

"Oh, it's fine." I say awkwardly. 

"No, it's not." Mark interrupts and grabs my hand. I look up from the floor into his beautiful eyes. "You're having dinner with us." My eyes widen in surprise.

"What, but it's a family dinner with your family friends. I can't come." I refuse. "It's okay."

"No, you're coming." Mark insists.

"Mark, it's okay." 

"I said so." Mark squeezes my hand as he pleads. "You're going to be there."

A/N

we love aggressive mark