17 ~ Unbelievable

Mae's POV

I sit down at our lunch table and see Youngjae arrive with a nervous smile. I give him a weird look and tilt my head in confusion. Youngjae takes a seat across from me with his tray of food.

"Are you okay, Youngjae?" I ask him as I take another fry from my plate. Youngjae looks up with wide eyes and nods a little. "Are you sure?" Youngjae doesn't say a word and just nods again. Yugyeom arrives and sits next to me. "Is Youngjae okay?" I ask him and he looks over at Youngjae who looks nervous.

"Yeah, he's totally fine." Yugyeom says as he sighs a little. I look over at him, a little puzzled by his mood as well.

"What's with you guys?" I question. "If something is wrong tell me." I insist. I watch Youngjae and Yugyeom look at each other doubtfully. 

"Mark..." Before Yugyeom finishes his response, Jackson arrives with Jinyoung.

"HOLA!" Jackson greets and waves with a very loud voice. I flinch and look over at Jackson and Jinyoung who are taking their seats at the table. I sigh and then look back at Yugyeom.

"What were you saying?" I ask again. 

"Hello." Mark says and kisses my head which makes me blush. I turn around and smile at Mark.

"Hi." I greet. I turn back to Yugyeom once more. "Sorry, what's wrong?" I notice a stern face on Yugyeom. What's wrong with him?

"Nevermind." Yugyeom says in a monotone voice and returns to eating his food. I turn around to Mark with a perplexed face and he looks at me, curiously.

"What was Yugyeom telling you?" He asks with little enthusiasm.

"Uh, he didn't tell me anything at all." I say and then play with my food while feeling a little drain of energy.

Mark's POV

Yugyeom is reading this whole situation wrong. I would never cheat on Mae. NEVER. 

I decide to talk to Yugyeom after school about what happened. When I arrive at his house, I knock on his door and notice his unwelcoming look. He has a frown when he sees me and I understand that he is only trying to protect Mae. He's like a little brother to her.

"Let me explain." I tell him. He sighs and then lets me inside his house. I sit on his couch and he sits in the chair across from it. "I'm not cheating on Mae."

"Then who was that girl you were so close with at the mall the other day?" Yugyeom interrogates me. 

"She's my cousin that works at this restaurant." I say which makes Yugyeom even more confused.

"What does that have to do with anything, Mark?" Yugyeom asks.

"I have a plan, but you have to keep it a secret." I tell him. Yugyeom's eyes sparkle as he thinks. 

////

Mae's POV

I enter my Music Production classroom and notice the teacher blasting music. I realize it's the Weekend by SZA and start to smile. I dance a little to my seat which makes Mark laugh who is already sitting down at his desk. 

"This is my favorite song." I say and then sit in my chair, still tapping my foot. 

"I wonder how he knew." Mark mutters. I look over at him with an oblivious look and then see the gray-ashed haired boy and Jackson jumping as they enter the room.

"MY MAN IS MY MAN IS YOUR MAN, HER, THIS HER MAN TOO!" They exclaim. Mark and I break into laughter as we watch them bop to the song. I look over at Mark with a grin on my face which makes his smile softly at me.

"TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY and FRIDAY!" The box smiled kid screams as he sits in his chair. I stop laughing and try to catch my breath.

"You guys are insane."  I say as he continues dancing in his chair. 

"Marie told me that you would always sing this song." He says which surprises me. 

"I still don't understand how you know Marie and I." I say. The guy with the ash hair shrugs.

"It's not important." He states and then logs onto his computer. I look over at Mark with a puzzled face and he just purses his lips at me and shrugs as well.

When we are all dismissed from school, I catch Yugyeom and Youngjae outside. Mark, Jackson, and I walk over to them.

"Hey guys." I say. Yugyeom flinches when I arrive which alarms me. "Are you okay?" Yugyeom just nods and looks over at Mark. 

"Anyway, I need to find JB, I have to finish an assignment with him." I say. 

"I think I saw him at your locker." Youngjae says.

"My locker?" I question.

"You want me to come with you?" Mark asks me. I smile and then shake my head.

"It's okay." I kiss him and then leave the group and head back inside the school to find JB.

I turn the corner to where my locker is and see JB with his back against the wall. JB stops playing on his phone once he sees me and places it in his pocket. He sends me a smile.

"Hey, birthday girl." He smiles. I look at him with a confused face.

"It's not even my birthday yet." I say with a weirded out tone. 

"It's tomorrow, though." JB claps. I laugh at his excitement.

"Yeah, I'm a year closer to my grave!" I sarcastically jump up and down.

"Why aren't you excited?" JB frowns at me. I shrug.

"I've never celebrated my birthday without there being a party." I say. "And I don't really like parties. It's just Marie, since she was the most popular girl at school, she would throw a party for me every year." I sigh as I think back to it. "I know she did it cause she loved me but also cause she wanted to get in a new guys' pants." I look up at a disappointed JB. "Why do you look like that?"

"What would you want to do then?" JB asks me. I tilt my head and press my lips as I think.

A/N

yall really think id make mark cheat on you

FUNNY

no mark is ur golden boy

also it's hyunjin's birthday of stray kids :))))))