9 ~ Unsurprising

Mae's POV

I stop running once Mark is out of my view. I found JB sitting in the food court and collapse in the chair in front of him. He puts downs his phone and looks at me with a confused face. I am out of breath.

"What happened to you?" JB asks.

"Mark hugged me." I say as I take a sip of his coca cola. "I saw Jinyoung and Marie hugging."

"What!" JB exclaims.

"Shhh!" I tell him.

"Why were you hugging Mark?" JB asks. "Why were you crying?" JB notices my flushed face and puffy cheeks.

"I was crying when I saw Jinyoung and Marie." I state. "Mark didn't see them though."

"Why were Jinyoung and Marie hugging?" JB questions. I think back to them at the party.

"Did you see them making out at Marie's party?" I ask which makes JB's small eyes grow bigger.

"They were making out!" JB shouts. "Marie made out with your ex?"

"JB!" I yell at him and hit him. "Be quiet!"

"Why are you still friends with her?" JB scoffs and takes his coca cola back and sips it. I sigh and look away. It's hard for me to explain. I don't even know anymore.

"Can we just go home?" I pout. JB looks at me for a good minute before giving in.

////

Marie: where did you hoes go?

JB: Mae wasn't feeling well, her stomach was hurting

JB: i took her home

Yugyeom: is she okay?

JB: yeah

Mark: she'll be at school tomorrow?

Mae: you guys do know im in this gc too

Mae: and yes

JB: we're in the same room, i thought i was texting for you

JB: extra

JB: kay, leave your own living room

Mae: shut up

////

I walk back into the living room and sit on the couch JB is on. I see him shaking his head and couldn't help but stick my tongue out to him. JB scoffs and turns off his phone.

"Jinyoung doesn't talk to you about Marie at all?" I ask.

"No. I thought he would." JB says. "He talks to me about everything."

"That's not good." I mumble.

"Why?" JB asks. He must have heard me.

"I tell you everything. He tells you everything. He knew everything I said to you, I knew everything he said to you." I think back to when we were dating.

"Right." JB says. "Me telling him what you said made him love you more anyway though. Guess that's not good." I roll my eyes and look away.

"Whatever." I say. "Why wouldn't he talk about Marie to you?"

"Maybe because we're close." JB states. "I would tell you."

"Yeah." I say and look down. "I can't believe they would do this to me."

"I can't either." JB sighs. The more I think about it, the sadder I get. I don't notice a tear fall from my face until JB holds my chin and lifts up my head. "Stop." He says and hugs me.

"What if he broke up with me for Marie?" I sob.

"You don't deserve to cry over this, Mae." JB tells me.

I couldn't stop crying. I continued to stain JB's shirt with my tears until he lets go of the hug. He walks over to my room and comes back with a piece of paper. He places it in front of me while I try to swallow my tear. What is this? The letters? I stare at him with a confused face while he gestures for me to read it. He takes his seat again as I open the letter. I try to read it through my tear-filled eyes and congested voice.

Dear Maegan,

I saw you today in the halls. You looked beautiful. I mean you're always beautiful. I'm such a coward. I should tell these things to your face, not in a letter but I don't talk to you a lot. Hopefully, you don't think I'm a creep for writing these. You look like you need someone to make you smile. You're too gorgeous to frown. You helped me with a math problem today in class. Maybe that will give you a clue on who I am. I'm sorry if you're creeped out or confused with these letters. I'm not good at talking about how I feel. I can write it down though. Anyway, I hope you have an amazing day!

I look up from the folded loose leaf paper and smile a little. I see JB smirking at me and shaking his head. I bite my tongue from smiling as I wipe my tears away.