20 ~ Unfold

"Ughhhh." We look behind us in line to see Youngjae whining and hyperventilating. 

"Youngjae." I say. "You'll be fine." I give him a warm smile. He looks at me and smiles softly but only to return back to a frown once I look away.

We are next to be seated in the carts. Mark and I are going to be sitting in a cart together with BamBam and Yugyeom behind us. Jinyoung and Youngjae are going to be sitting together with JB and Liz behind them, leaving Jackson alone by himself. I look over at Jackson who is awfully quiet and smirk a little at his serious face. I nudge Mark to look at him and he starts laughing. Jackson looks up and sees us staring at him, rows away since he is sitting in the back and we are in the front.

"What's wrong Jackson?" I joke. "You look really scared." Jackson fake smiles and tries to play off his frightened expression.

"No, I'm okay." He says and acts tough as he looks the other direction. 

We both mock his athletic poses and flexes and start laughing. The gates of the line suddenly open and the cart appears in front of us. Mark lets me sit down first and helps me get on. Mark and I look behind us to witness Jackson about to sit down in the cart but then immediately get up and walk towards the exit. We all start laughing hard. I look at Youngjae who is clapping his hands in victory but is unaware that the lock bar is in place and our belts are locked. The car starts moving and all I hear is Youngjae screaming right before anything happens.

We exit the rollercoaster ride, my hand is still in Mark's. I held his hand the whole ride through. We meet Taehyung and a stern Jackson waiting outside.

"That was so much fun!" I giggle and then squeeze Mark's hand. He smiles at my happiness.

"Whatever." We look over to see the diva himself look away from us.

"Jackson, I should have never trusted you with this bet." Jinyoung crosses his arms and clicks his tongue against his mouth in frustration.

"Wait, so this means you guys owe me?" Youngjae asks in an innocent yet excited voice. He starts jumping and dancing out of happiness.

"Shut up, Youngjae." Jackson says in his annoyed tone. "I didn't know I was riding by myself." He looks over at Jinyoung, blaming him for making them lose the bet.

"You're blaming me for sitting with Youngjae?" Jinyoung says with an offended voice. 

"Can we just go eat?" BamBam whines. "I'm hungry."

////

Jackson ended up paying Youngjae and so did Jinyoung. When the bill arrives, Jackson takes it slowly and sighs as he stares at the price. I look over his shoulder and see the large total. I widen my eyes.

"You're not paying for all of that." I state as I take out my wallet. 

Mark stops me and places cash on the table. I smile as I admire his kind gesture. Mark stays silent and mouths to Jackson to take it. He nods and then places his money with Mark's to pay the bill. I blush and wrap my arms around Mark as I thank him.

"It's your birthday." He says softly and kisses my head.

"Shut up." I say because I didn't like the special treatment even if it was my birthday.

A waitress passes by and places a note on the table as she takes our paid bill. As everyone else is joking around, I take the paper and unfold it.

Meet me under the stars tonight

Huh? Meet me... that sounds... familiar

It must be my secret admirer. It must be Mark.

Right after dinner, we all went home. JB offered to take me home since my house was out of the way if Mark took me home. As soon as I get home, I run to my room and take out the box of letter I have under my bed.

I read through everything. All the familiar phrases I've read that I've also heard from someone. From Mark. I knew it was him. The moment he told me that I was too gorgeous to frown. When he told me that he noticed me before him and Marie dated. I know where to go now.

////

I sit down at the pier and let my legs hang over the clear water of the lake and stare at the reflection of the moonlight through the lake. I sigh as I wait for Mark to arrive. I look up at the bright stars and smile. Mark Tuan really is something, huh. I blush to myself just thinking of everything he has done for me.

All my worries about Jinyoung and Marie were so unnecessary. I had Mark by my side and I didn't even realize it. He loves me so much.

"Mae?" I turn my head knowing that it's Mark but am surprised to see Taehyung. My eyebrow arches in confusion as I see Taehyung's figure standing behind me. He is wearing a black hoodie and gray sweatpants. I can barely see his face with his hood up.

"What are you doing out here?" I ask him as he sits next to me.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Taehyung asks, swinging his legs over the edge of the pier.

"I'm supposed to be meeting someone." I say and look at the time on my phone. Taehyung stares at me for a while until I look up from my phone.

"I should leave then, right?" Taehyung says and pats my back. Weird.

"You never told me why you're here." I stop Taehyung as I hold his arm back. He sighs and then squats down.

"I like to stargaze." Taehyung smiles and lifts his head up to look at the sparkling sky one last time before leaving. "Happy birthday, Mae." His box smile appears which makes me smile. I watch him as he disappears into the darkness of the park.

"Is this a trap?" I whisper to myself as I swing my legs over the water. It can't be, the handwriting is the same as the writing in the letters.

I wait a little more until I felt like it was too long to wait for Mark. I drag my legs back onto the pier and pick myself up and walk my way back home. What a waste of time.

A/N

why didnt he show up???

tea.

im not going to be posting for a while :(