18 ~ Undercover

When I get home after staying at school with JB, I receive a text from Liz once I enter my room.

Liz: u home?

Mae: i just got home, why?

Liz: we have to buy ur outfit for ur bday

Mae: ur joking

Mae: im not a superstar

Mae: tmrw will just be a normal day

Liz: im paying

I feel my heart jump after I read that text and smile.

Mae: fine

I leave my house once Liz texts me that she is here. I pause when I realize that she can't drive and see Jinyoung in the driver's seat. I feel my face start to heat up once I enter the car.

"Hey." I say awkwardly.

"Hey." Liz says and then look over at her brother who is silent while pulling out of the driveway. She punches Jinyoung to greet me.

"Hey." He says quietly. I smile awkwardly and look out the window.

"We're picking up BamBam too." Liz says.

After we picked up BamBam, the air didn't feel as thick anymore. BamBam kept screaming the whole ride through while blasting Rain. I laugh as I watch him jump and dance in the backseat next to me and Jinyoung continuously telling him to stop.

Once we arrive at the mall, Liz first pushes me into Macy's. I look at her with a shocked face as she starts looking through the racks vigorously.

"You're crazy, it's just a birthday." I say as I casually start looking at the clothes around me.

"YOUR birthday." Liz says.

I scoff and shake my head. I'm not really used to being the center of attention. Especially since I've been Marie's shadow for so long. I never really liked shopping either. Marie would always force me to tag along with her and it would mostly be her buying things and me holding her clothes.

"I'm going to wait outside." I tell her. Liz looks at me with an annoyed face.

"Just... when I find something, you better answer my phone calls and run her asap." Liz orders me. I smile at her politely and nod.

I let out a breath once I exit the store and catch Jinyoung outside with a blank stare, as usual. I say and rub my arms out of nervousness as I walk over to him. Jinyoung catches me walking towards him and looks surprised.

"Aren't you supposed to be inside?" Jinyoung asks.

"I don't like shopping." I say and cross my arms.

"I know." Jinyoung says quietly and I pretend not to hear what he said. I look away and stare at the floor.

"Mae!" I hear my name being called and turn around to see BamBam running over to me.

"What?"

"You have to come with me to the shoe store so we can buy you shoes." BamBam urges me. I sigh and look at him with a frown.

"You guys don't have to do this." I reply.

"Too bad." BamBam says and drags me by the arm.

Mark's POV

"Why are you guys here!?" Liz asks with a worried face.

"I need to get a gift for Mae." I answer and look at Tzuyu.