25 ~ Unheard

"Aren't you worried?" Jackson whispers to me as we are working on an assignment. I take off my headphones and eye him with a confused face. 

"Huh? About what?" I ask. Jackson looks back at my former seat where the new girl now sits and Mark. I follow and look that direction as well with a puzzled face.

"Am I supposed to be worried?" I turn to Jackson who looks at me warily and licks his lips.

"You don't know who she is, do you?" Jackson says quietly. I shake my head with a frown.

"That's Hana Kong." I look at Jackson as if he was going to continue his sentence. Jackson shakes his head and gives me an annoyed face. "You don't know who she is?" I shake my head once more. Jackson sighs and then the fire alarm goes off before he could continue. I look at the teacher who looks shocked.

"Everyone, bring your bags with you just in case this is a real fire." He says with uncertainty. I gaze over at Mark who is grabbing his bag on the ground. Jackson pushes me out the door.

"C'mon, we might die." Jackson says and rushes me outside.

"Wait, I need to wait for Ma..." I say and turn around to see Jackson gone. 

I search the crowd but have trouble because of all the pushing and shoving. I sigh and unwillingly follow the herd outside. 

When the bright sun hits my face, I squint while trying to search for any sign of my friends. I notice Jinyoung and quickly run over to him. He stares over at me with wide eyes and I realize how awkward it is.

"Uh, where's Jackson and Mark?" Jinyoung asks and looks away from me.

"I lost them." I say and then look around, trying to avoid eye contact with him. I sigh as I scan the large group of people while trying to not make the environment feel tense. "We... we haven't really talked since everything that has happened." I finally break the silence without thinking. I look up to see Jinyoung's blank face. "Have you been talking to Marie?" Jinyoung smirks a little and nods. I wave of relief hits my face which makes me feel at ease

"She misses you." Jinyoung smiles a little. "She is getting better." I smile and nod.

"I'm proud of her." I say. 

"Why is Mark with her?" Jinyoung questions and nods his head forward. I look to see Mark talking to the new girl in our class. 

"I don't get it, what's wrong with her?" I ask, completely oblivious. I turn to Jinyoung who is trying to hold in his laughter. He fails and starts to chuckle which annoys me. I punch him playfully. "Jinyoung-ah!" Jinyoung stops laughing and shakes his head at me with a smile.

"You really never paid attention to Mark Tuan before, have you?" Jinyoung questions and tilts his head at me. I look at the ground guiltily and play with my fingers. I hear a sigh from Jinyoung. "Oh, Mae, so ignorant." He messes up my head as he pats my head. 

"What! Tell me!" I plead as I remove his hand from my head.

"Hana Kong is Mark's ex-girlfriend." Jinyoung says in a serious tone. I felt a shiver down my spine but keep a straight face. I shrug at Jinyoung and try to seem unbothered.

"So, they dated, I don't see the problem. I'm talking to you." I say. Jinyoung laughs a little.

"Hana and Mark aren't like you and I." Jinyoung explains. "Before Marie, Hana and Mark were inseparable. They really really liked each other." I didn't know how to feel about this. I couldn't describe this burning feeling in my gut as I listen to Jinyoung's words. He was with someone while writing letters to me?  

"How did they break up?" I ask slowly, trying to process this new information.

"I don't know. You'd have to ask him." Jinyoung says which makes me frown. I sigh and look back at Mark and Hana who are laughing together. 

"I shouldn't be jealous, right?" I ask him. Jinyoung shrugs.

"Just... trust him." Jinyoung surprises me with his reply, making me turn to look at him. Jinyoung looks at me and steps back. "I might not be fond of Mark but..." He sighs as I smile a little. "He's a good guy." I start clapping which makes Jinyoung smile. "Stop being happy." Jinyoung stops smiling and gives me a serious look. I ignore him and continue to dance and clap. 

"What are you doing?" Yugyeom walks over with BamBam by his side. Jinyoung and I both start laughing. 

"You guys are free to go home. The school will be closed until further notice!" The principal announces. 

"Looks like we got free time!" BamBam cheers. "Let's hang!" I sigh and look back at Mark and Hana walking their separate ways.

"Yeah, let's hang out." I smile as I try to distract myself from the bitter feeling inside my stomach.

We decide to go to an arcade and invited the rest of the guys. I arrive with Yugyeom and BamBam and enter the arcade to see Liz and JB playing air hockey together. I walk over to them and smile as I watch Liz ahead of him. All of a sudden an arm wraps around my shoulder, I turn to see Mark.

"Hey." Mark says and rests his head on mine.

"Hi." I say awkwardly. 

"What's wrong?" Mark removes his head from its position and pulls me towards the basketball hoops. 

"Nothing." I try to divert my eyes elsewhere but Mark keeps getting in my view. He holds my hand to get my attention.

"Tell me." Mark says. I sigh and stare into his eyes as I try to figure out the words to say.

"When you said you wouldn't be fine when we changed seats, was it because of Hana?" I question.

A/N

yo this drama after everything just got fixed 

i know im such a tease im sorry