12 ~ Untitled

Mae's POV

On the ride to my house, it was awkward. I don't know why I held Mark's hand as if we were dating. I don't know why I lied about our relationship. Mark stood up for me. He spoke for me and fought for me. I blush as I think back. I even stood up to Jinyoung. I proved him guilty... I don't love him anymore.

I look back at Mark and see him focusing on the road. I sigh and take his hand from the wheel and hold it. He looks over at me with a shocked face.

"Thank you." I smile and kiss his hand. I see Mark's face begin to blush. "You make me feel better." I smile at his hand as I start playing with it. Why am I acting like this around Mark Tuan?

"Are you okay? Everything back there was tense." Mark speaks.

"I feel..." I sigh. "Lifted." I intertwine my fingers with Mark's. "You said that there is someone you love. Who?"

We pull up in my driveway and Mark puts the car in park. He looks over at me and leans close toward me as he smiles. I blush when he faces me.

"You deserve more than what you have right now." Mark smiles and kisses my nose.

////

Mark's POV

After the day I pecked Mae's nose and held her hand, I've been wanting more. I want to see her again. I lay in my bed as I stare up at the ceiling in thought until I hear a ring from my phone. I turn my head to the side to grab my phone and answer it.

"Hello?" I answer, still staring at the ceiling.

"Yo, do you wanna play basketball with the guys?" Jackson asks.

"Um, I don't know." I respond and sit up in my bed.

"C'mon! Youngjae won't play and we need another player!" Jackson whines.

"Oh, is that Mae?" I hear through the other end and immediately shoot up and start getting dressed.

"Mae?" I question as I put on my shoes. I stumble around my room while still managing to hold the phone to my ear.

"Are you talking to Mark?" I hear Mae ask and grab my car keys off the dresser as fast as I could. "Mark?" She now has the phone in her hands. Her voice sweetly calls my name which makes me more anxious as my car begins to start.

"Hey Mae, I'm meeting up with the guys right now. Why are you at the court?" I question.

"I am taking care of my baby cousin." Mae answers. "I'll see you there." She says before I could speak to her again.

"Are you done flirting with her? Can I end the call?" Jackson jokes.

My face gets red when I exit the car and lock it. I end the call and see the guys at the basketball court in the distance and Mae and her baby cousin playing with Youngjae. I smile as I watch but shake as I walk. Why am I so nervous?

Mae's POV

I watch him as he gets out of his car and locks it with his keys. I smile as he glances over at me with a smile too. I look away as Rai tries to get my attention. Youngjae starts wrestling with Rai which makes me laugh until I hear Mark's name being called.

"Mark!" Jackson exclaims and hugs Mark tightly while Mark struggles to break free.

I smile and look away to see my eyes fall on Jinyoung. Shit. I forgot about what happened yesterday. He looked sad. He looked like how he usually does but without life in him. I sigh and look back at Rai and Youngjae. This is going to be awkward.

"Hey." I hear someone whisper and turn to see Mark with a bright smile. My frown disappears and I blush.

"Hi." I say as my heart skips.

"Are you ok?" Mark asks.

"Yeah." I say. "Don't bother Jinyoung today. He seems off." I say as I revert my eyes back to him. Mark turns to see and nods.

"Got it. Wish me luck?" Mark asks with a pout as I turn my eyes to him.

My heart melts when his eyes gaze at me. I exhale deeply and smile when I lean in to kiss his cheek. He blushes and smiles.

"Sorry." I say stupidly and smack my head. "I... I don't know."

"Thanks, babe." Mark says and holds my hand as he takes his spot on the court. I see Jinyoung staring at me and then look at the ground when I make eye contact with him. Is he jealous?

I look back at Youngjae and Rai. Youngjae notices my frown and stops playing with Rai. He sends him off to start cheering for the teams and sits next to me on the bleacher.

"What's wrong?" Youngjae asks.

"Um... is Jinyoung okay?" I ask in curiosity.

"After you and Mark left, he was acting fine." Youngjae states. Depends on how fine.

"Was he being petty yesterday? Like something was bothering him but he was still trying to have a good time?" I question. Jinyoung hides his hurt.

"He was quiet. When we tried to include him in conversation, he would respond with an attitude." Youngjae states. I sigh and shake my head. "None of this is your fault."

"I... I know." I say quietly as I watch them play.

"Jinyoung made a mistake, not you." Youngjae says. "You're too nice. Don't pity him." I felt like I was supposed to agree but I couldn't.

"I don't think it was entirely his fault though. Marie had something to do with it." I say as I think. "She told me that she wanted what I had."

"Marie left after you guys left." Youngjae says.

"This is all weird. We swapped boyfriends." I say. "We aren't friends anymore. We broke their friendship. I'm just like her."

"You're nothing like Marie." Youngjae states. "I promise you. You are so much better." I smirk a little and sigh.

"Thanks, Youngjae." I say and look back at the game.

"Mae! Mae!" I hear Rai call me and run over to me. "Can I have paper and pencil. I draw." I smile and look for a paper and pencil in my bag but only find one of the letters from my locker. I open it and read it.

"If only I had the guts to talk to you in person, I would."

"Mae!" Rai calls again.

"Sorry bud, I don't have anything." I say and quickly hide the paper.

One thing I didn't know was Youngjae was watching.

A/N
hey guys so im publishing a new book and its a stray kids fanfiction. its a situation where u r in an apocalypse and fall in love. inspired by "Get Lost" a wattpad book i read pls look it up and give it a good read and also walking dead pls watch that show if u like zombies

My new book is called "insomnia" lolzzz