⚫Chapter 9⚫

The twins' birthday was in two days, so we had all decided we were going to spend a few days at the lake house. We had planned it during our reading week, so we didn't have to worry about school. We made sure we were caught up with all of our school work before leaving. Our destination was a four-hour drive away and we were leaving today around 3pm. My parents had endorsed our plans too telling us that we deserved it.

I was currently in my room packing my suitcase. We would be there for four days. "Thank God it's Friday!" Nathan exclaimed as rushed into my room. "Are you done?" he asked me.

"No, I still have to pack another outfit," I told him. "Well hurry up. They'll be here in ten minutes," he urged me. "Yeah, I know," I said, continuing to pack my suitcase.

We had rented two 8-seater vehicles for this adventure—one for the boys and one for the girls. Our friends would be arriving shortly and I was beyond thrilled that today was finally here.

I enjoyed camping however this specific destination we were going to had a very special place in my heart. Traditionally, we had spent many holidays here— both with my family and my friends and their families.

Canoeing ranked high among my favourite activities to do. The lake house had a small rustic shed that was home to the canoe boats and gear. There was also a rock-climbing site nearby and there was a spa and massage center around 40 minutes away from the cabin.

The surrounding area was coated with numerous trails, perfect for the outdoor and hiking enthusiasts. Beautiful scenery sights were waiting for us to explore. Despite there being so many outdoor activities, I enjoyed staying inside too. We could cook warm delicious meals and bundle up near the fireplace to watch movies while sipping on delicious hot cocoa.

I needed this break from school. Over the past few weeks, the workload assigned had increased dramatically. I wasn't able to hangout with my friends like before. I was now spending most of my free time cooped up in my room studying. I know I didn't have to study alone though. In fact, I had often gone to the library with Jasper or Nathan. We even tried to do a group study session with all the girls, but instead we had talked about everything but school. I learned I couldn't do that often.

"They're here!" Blaike yelled from downstairs. I quickly zipped my suitcase and dragged it and my carrier bag out of my room. "Are you done?" I called out to Saphira. "One second!" she responded. Lucian came out of his room and walked straight into Saphira's. "Babe, you cannot bring all that with you," I heard him say. I left my stuff on the floor and retreated to her room.

She had two suitcases and two carrier bags. She was looking around her room for more items to bring with her. "We're only going to be there for 4 days. You don't have to bring your entire room with you," Lucian stated.

"Yes, I know, thanks," she said. "Saphira," I chuckled. "You're kidding, right?" I asked her in disbelief. "I'm bringing the things I need, like you said. Leave me alone," she whined. I sighed before exiting her room.

Walking down the stairs with my belongings, I spotted the twins in the kitchen helping Blaike with the sandwiches. "Hey girls," I greeted them. Giving them both a hug, I stepped outside. "Here, let me help you with that," Jasper suggested. He walked over to me grabbing my suitcase and bag. "Thanks."

I looked to see Elias standing a far off on his phone. Raphael and Julian were packing the other vehicle. "Wait, so you won't be able to make it?" I heard Elias say sounding disappointed. "Who's not coming?" I asked Jasper even though I was sure I already knew.

"His girl," Jasper answered. Was he being serious? I was happy that she wasn't coming. I still couldn't seem to understand why they were together if they both knew they weren't each other's mates. I hoped Elias wouldn't be moody during this entire trip though. I would not allow him to ruin our mini vacation.