⚫Chapter 12⚫

The following day, the girls and I headed to the nearby massage center. During breakfast, everyone inquired about my well-being. I honestly admitted that I felt a bit better—no more headache, and thankfully, I hadn't experienced the sensation of nausea. Yet, Elias' words still lingered, causing a remaining ache in my heart.

It seemed like a future together was unlikely, and oddly enough, I was fine with that. If Elias opted to pursue things with Bella, that was his choice. I resolved to handle the situation with maturity and await the right person, if such a person existed for me.

One lingering thought was why, out of the vast population, Elias and I were chosen as mates. Surely, there was a reason, but were we genuinely the perfect match? We were selected by God to be partners—a union ordained by the Creator. It seemed that the will of God didn't unfold automatically, I suppose.

"We're here!" Violet chimed as we approached the massage center. Instantly, my thoughts shifted from Elias to the anticipation of the relaxing experience that awaited us.

"I've been dreaming about this since I knew that we were going on this trip," Neha admitted.

The moment we stepped inside, a wave of tranquility enveloped us, heightened by the invigorating scent of eucalyptus that permeated the air. The interior was a masterpiece of woodwork, with its warm, polished surfaces creating a cozy yet elegant ambiance.

Welcomed by the friendly staff, we found ourselves in a haven of serenity. The lighting was soft, casting a gentle glow on the tasteful decor. Plush furnishings beckoned, inviting us to unwind. As we were escorted into a room to change into plush robes, the anticipation for the massage heightened.

"Have any of you gotten a massage before?" Kenna asked. "This is my first time." The question hung in the air, adding a touch of excitement to the collective anticipation as we prepared to indulge in the soothing luxury of a massage for the first time in this exquisite setting.

"Violet and I went last year for our birthdays," Indigo responded.

"We've been a few times too," Saphira added talking on my behalf.

"I've never been either," Neha said. "I'm very excited."

The door opened and the staff ushered us into the massage room. It was a big room with 7 beds for each of us. The room smelled nice, like a mix of lavender and eucalyptus. It felt cozy with the soft lights. There was this old record player in the corner playing mellow tunes in the background. The music had a calming vibe, adding to the whole relaxed feeling in the room.

"Wow, it's so nice in here," Saphira admired. As we settled onto the massage table, the therapist handed us this soft, lightweight sheet. It felt like a gentle touch against my skin as they delicately covered me with it. The material was smooth and cool, creating a comforting layer between me and the table.

As they tucked it around the edges, I couldn't help but appreciate the coziness it brought. It was like being wrapped in a cloud, setting the tone for the relaxation ahead. The scent of fresh laundry from the sheets added a subtle touch, making the experience even more inviting.

As I lay there on the soft bed, a sweet fragrance enveloped the air, reminiscent of coconut. Soon after, I heard my therapist rubbing her hands together, preparing to apply the scented oil to my body. I took a deep breath, feeling a sense of happiness knowing that the soothing aroma of coconut would linger on my skin.

She started applying the oil with deliberate, flowing motions. Her hands glided smoothly over my skin, spreading the warmth and the soothing scent of the oil. The touch was gentle, yet purposeful, as they worked to evenly distribute the oil across my body.

I then began to hear the girls let out simultaneous moans, a clear sign that the sensation was hitting all the right spots. "Wow," Neha breathed out. "Now, this is what I'm talking about."

After our massage session, the girls and I exited the center, our spirits lifted, and a sense of contentment filling the air. "That was absolutely amazing," Neha sighed in awe. "We all smell so good!" Violet exclaimed, taking a playful whiff of her sister's neck. Laughter erupted as she dramatically pretended to faint.

"The boys won't be able to stay away from us," Saphira joked. I joined in the laughter, but my thoughts veered back to Elias. Thankfully, he hadn't crossed my mind during the massage, but now, with Saphira mentioning the guys, a wave of anxiety crept over me.

After grabbing ice cream from a nearby dessert shop, we headed back to the cabin. Upon entering, a delicious aroma of food greeted us. The boys were either cooking or had already prepared something, and it smelled tempting.

"The girls are back!" Raphael announced, rushing towards us to give his mate a quick kiss. The girls' respective partners joined in welcoming them at the door. "Wow, you smell so good," Julian complimented Violet. The other boys also chimed in with sweet words for their partners.

I observed as Blaike enveloped Neha in a tight hug before helping her take off her jacket. The reality was still sinking in for me—Blaike had found his mate, and it happened to be Neha. Kenna and I removed our shoes and jackets before making our way to the kitchen.

"Welcome back," Nathan greeted me, offering a warm hug. "Wow, you do smell good. Coconut," he added with a smile. His words triggered a brief freeze as I recalled his confession in my dream: 'I've loved you for as long as I can remember, and I'm afraid that will never change.

"You're still feeling okay, right?" he asked, referring to the sickness I had experienced yesterday. It was sweet of him to ask again, considering he had already inquired this morning.

"Yes, I'm f-fine," I stuttered, my mind still lingering on his dreamt words. I stood there, peering into his eyes, attempting to decipher whether he harboured any feelings for me in the present moment.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" he chuckled, assessing my facial expression.

I shook my head without responding, my eyes still locked onto his. "Dinner should be ready soon," Jasper announced, diverting my attention from Nathan. As I shifted my gaze, I caught Elias sitting on the couch, staring at me with an apparent sense of displeasure. His upset expression annoyed me, prompting me to turn away.

After dinner, we decided to watch another movie before diving into a game of Mafia.

Jasper, grabbing everyone's attention, decided to give a quick rundown of the Mafia game. "Alright, folks, here's the deal with Mafia. We'll all be assigned roles—some of us will be innocent villagers, and others will be Mafia members trying to eliminate the villagers. It's all about strategy, discussion, and figuring out who's who. Each round, we vote to eliminate someone, and the goal for the villagers is to identify and kick out the Mafia before they wipe us all out. Trust me, it gets pretty intense!"

Some of us had played, but others hadn't. "Have you played Mafia before?" Neha asked me. "Yes, it's a very fun game."

We played three rounds. In the first round, I was a villager, and to my surprise, Saphira and Raphael turned out to be the Mafias. It was a lot of fun, and the game managed to divert my attention away from Elias, which was a nice distraction.

The evening ended with a couple karaoke songs before we all retreated for bed.