⚫Chapter 58⚫

"Elias! Elias!" I frantically repeated as I placed my hand on his furry body. He then shifted into his human form clutching his chest. He began to groan in pain. I looked at the arrow not knowing what to do. Should I pull it out?

''Here let me,'' I heard Annora say. She came from behind and used her air powers to remove the arrow from his chest swiftly but with ease. The others finally rushed over towards us.

''T-thank y-you,'' he whispered to her. She nodded her head before moving away from him.

"L-Leilani," he whispered to me. My eyes stayed fixated on his chest where the arrow was. I could feel them water as I knelt there not knowing what to do. I stared at his wound. "L-Leilani look at m-me," he sputtered.

I removed my gaze from his burn and stared into his grey eyes. "I'm not g-going to m-make it," he told me. "Please give this n-necklace to my m-mother. Please tell my parents and Miles that I love them."

"No! Don't say that. You're going to be okay," I told him trying not to cry.

"I l-love y-you," he stammered. One by one, my tears fell. Elias was not the type of guy to say I love you. Flashes of when we first met appeared in my head, and the time when we fought in the forest and all the other times when he had pissed me off. I also remembered those sweet words he told me the night I freaked out about going to The Other Side.

"From now on, you'll always have me, and I will try my best to protect you and take care of you. No matter what comes our way."

My heart pounded erratically remembering how sincere he was. But before I could even respond to Elias, he opened his mouth again to speak. "Can you d-do me a f-favour?" My tears fell against his chest. "Anything for you," I stated.

"Can y-you make it q-quick?" he asked before lifting his wrist up to my mouth. "No...Elias..." I stuttered as I pushed it away gently. "P-Please."

I didn't want him to go. We barely even started our life together. With his other hand, he slowly reached over towards my face and pulled my head to his. Our lips met as he kissed me. When he removed his lips from mine, he wiped the water falling onto my cheeks before placing a kiss on my forehead. "It's ok. It's g-going to be ok."

If he was going to die, I didn't want it to be painful. This would make it a whole lot easier for him. So, with tears falling down my face, I hesitantly took his wrist and brought it to my mouth. Just as I was about to bite into it, I stopped myself. "No... you can't leave me alone," I cried as my breathing became heavy.

"You won't b-be alone. You'll h-have Saphira and all our f-friends. You'll also have N-Nathan," he stuttered. I shook my head in response. "No," I argued back. "I need you." He closed his eyes and groaned again in pain. I could see the struggle as he held on for dear life. He opened his eyes to look at me. Pain and hurt was all I could see. He pleaded with his eyes for the last time. I finally bit into his flesh squeezing my eyes shut. I didn't want to see him. Not in this state.

As soon as I tasted his blood, the whole world stopped. I had tasted heaven itself. His blood tasted like sweet nectar. It was the best I had ever had, and I knew nothing would compare to it. So, I sucked and sucked until there was nothing left for me to suck. 

I slowly set his wrist down not wanting to open my eyes. When I finally did, the realization hit me. He was gone. My mate was dead. His lifeless, pale body laid there. I started to scream as the tears came pouring down more than ever. "Elias!" I shouted as I began to shake his body. "Come back!" I yelled.

I threw myself onto him as my tears dripped against his chest. "No," I sobbed. Mateo rushed over towards me and pulled me away from Elias's dead body. I screamed as I tried my best to fight Mateo. "I didn't even tell him I loved him," I murmured.

"I didn't even tell him I loved him!" I shouted. I turned to look at my friends to see them all staring at me. They stood there in remorse not knowing what to do. Saphira's wolf walked over and nuzzled into me. "I am so sorry Leilani," she said. I continued crying as I moved away from Saphira's wolf. I threw myself onto the muddy ground and wept. I soon felt Nathan's wolf lie down next to me causing me to bury my head into his fur.

I held onto Nathan as I cried not understanding how unlucky I was. My life was pathetic. I suddenly raised my head to see Roman's wolf get up. Why was he not giving up?

Put on the bracelet.

Those four words echoed through my head causing me to hold my breath.

Put on the bracelet.

It was the same voice I heard in Sebastián's castle and at the moon goddess' fountain. The same voice who told me to tell the Alphas to place their paws on top of each other. Why should I put on the bracelet? What would be the point?

Leilani, put it on now. 

So that's what I did. I took the bracelet out of my pocket and placed it on my wrist.