⚫Chapter 42⚫

Thursday, December 20

"You guys have a great trip back. I'm sorry, but I do not find it necessary to interact with the other domains," Roman said.

"At least we tried. Who knows? Maybe one day you'll change your mind," I responded with a fake smile.

"Do you have your blood supply?" Isidora asked me.

"Yes, I do. Thanks."

"Elias, this is for Natalia," Roman said before handing him a necklace. It was a dark silver chain with a glowing orange ball as the pendant. Elias took it from his hands and placed it over his neck. "Please tell her I am safe and that I miss her."

Elias nodded his head in response. I could see a bit of resentment in his eyes. It must be tough having a bastard as an uncle. After saying our goodbyes, we travelled to the portal.

"I want to knock him in his perfectly straight white teeth," Nathan gritted while swinging his fists.

"He should've killed himself when he had the chance," Elias stated.

Nathan, Jasper, and I didn't respond to Elias' harsh words. Instead, we kept silent and continued walking.

"Anyways, where to next?" Elias asked.

"Jasper can pick," I responded.

"Wow, I feel honoured," he exclaimed. "What about the earth one? Regnum Caeili?

"Regnum Caeli is the Kingdom of Air. Regnum Terram is the Kingdom of Earth," I corrected him.

"Ok, let's go to Regnum Terram." I watched the boys walk towards the nearest rock and disappear behind it. Once they were finished shifting, they returned back to me with their black shorts in their mouths. "I'll carry them, we're not littering again."

J- No, just leave them. It's not that big of a deal.

I rolled my eyes before I knelt down and began to fold them neatly one by one. I then walked towards the tall rock and placed them on the ground behind it. "Alright, let's get out of here." We all approached the portal and stood in front of it. I then selected the symbol for Regnum Terram and watched both Milo and Estevao enter into it. After, both Gray and I followed. Once the usual weird sensation was gone, we finally landed into what seemed like a forest.

N- Really? A damn forest? Why couldn't we have landed in a field of grass or something?

It was dark as we took in our surroundings. This forest reminded me of the jungle.

J- Alright, let's head to the castle.

"Wait. I was thinking we shouldn't go right away. It's still pretty early, so let's find a place to lay low and then we'll go to the castle in the morning," I suggested.

J- Fine.

The boys followed me as I began to look for a spot for us to hideout. I soon approached a hole located in a humungous tree. There was more than enough space for all of us.

"What about this place?"

E- Yeah, this spot is perfect.

We all stepped inside. I sat down and rested my head against the inside of the tree. Estevao sat in front of me, Milo on my left side and Gray on my right.

"You guys can sleep if you want. I'll stay awake."

J- Nah, I ain't letting that happen. I'll stay awake.

"Estevao, it's fine. Just rest. All of you," I stated.

After a bit of bickering, silence finally settled in. Around two hours later, I began to hear whimpering. I turned to observe all three of them. Estevao was soundly asleep and so was Milo. I then turned to look at Gray, to see him shaking. "Gray?" I called out as I began to rub my hand over his furry back. He suddenly opened his eyes and immediately stood up and started growling.

"It's ok, I'm right here," I repeated over and over again.

E- Leilani...

I motioned for him to sit back down but closer to me. He hesitantly responded as he nuzzled his head into me. I rested my head on him and placed my hands over his furry body. "Shh, it's ok. I'm right here." His heartbeat began to return to its steady beating. I then closed my eyes.

-

"Hello!"

I opened my eyes to be greeted by daylight. The boys were still soundly sleeping around me as I focused my eyes on the three young boys peering into our tree. "She's pretty," the blonde one said.

"Uh..." I quickly tapped each wolf waking them up. "We've got company." They all sat up and yawned before looking at the young boys. I mean at least it wasn't a scary guy. These boys were adorable.

"Hey! They're werewolves too!" the black one exclaimed.

"Hi," I said. "Hello! Who are you guys?" the brunette asked. One by one we got out of the tree.

"I am Leilani. And this is Estevao, Milo, and Gray. We were wondering if you could please take us to the castle. We come from Regnum Aqua."

"Regnum Aqua. Cool," the blonde one responded. "Should we help them out?"

"Yeah, they seem nice."

"Follow us!"

N- How old are these kids?

J- Maybe eight or nine.

They began to run extremely fast through the forest. "Hey! Wait up!" I shouted.

J- These kids are fast!

"Pick up the pace boys. We are not going to be outrun by eight-year-olds."

We began running faster ensuring that the little boys never left our sight. We finally approached a hill that had a staircase leading downward. The sight in front of us was absolutely breathtaking. "Welcome to Regnum Terram!" they all shouted together.

"Come on!" The boys suddenly raced down the hill and disappeared into a maze leaving us still standing there in awe.

J- Let's try and keep up. Shall we?

We followed them down the stairs and with speed followed them into the maze. They were fast. They probably had the maze memorized.

Once we reached the end of the maze, I immediately looked up at the castle admiring it. I then looked straight ahead to see a man and a pregnant lady handing out flowers to many children. Some children had their hands placed on the woman's belly as they giggled when they felt movement.

The couple suddenly looked up causing them to stop moving. A female lady standing nearby ushered the children away immediately leaving us alone with the couple.

"Alpha Adamus! Alpha Adamus!" the boys exclaimed as they rushed over towards him and gave him a hug.

"What do we have here?" Alpha Adamus asked with a chuckle. The blond boy motioned for him to lower his head so he could whisper into his ear.

"Hmm... I see... interesting..."

"Well, your job is done now, boys. I'll take it from here," Alpha Adamus said with a smile. The three boys suddenly rushed back into the maze leaving us standing awkwardly with the beautiful couple.

Alpha Adamus called out a word which I assumed was Latin causing a man to appear out of nowhere and rush towards his side. He whispered into the man's ear causing him to nod his head and rush into the castle.

"Leilani, is it?" Alpha Adamus asked as he examined me first and then the boys.

"Yes."

"Well, I'm Adamus, the Alpha Terra of Regnum Terram and this is my wife Celestia."