⚫Chapter 53⚫

Leilani's POV

I responded immediately feeling a flood of emotions hit me like a giant wave; relief, fear, passion, and desire. It was a feeling that I had never felt before. His musky scent hit my nostrils causing my knees to go weak. I had missed him.

He deepened the kiss making me place my hand on his back for support. I was no longer cold. In fact, I was hot. My body was on fire.

His fingers stroked my back as our lips continued battling each other. This was my first kiss and I had no idea what I was doing. So instead of thinking too much of it, I just followed my heart. Our connection had never felt stronger.

Our lips finally pulled away causing us to rest our foreheads against each other as we panted for air. My heart was beating violently as I tried to catch my breath. I slowly opened my eyes seeing Elias' beautiful grey orbs already looking at me.

"Mine," he growled. I smiled hearing his voice. I felt comfortable as my eyes stayed glued to his.

"I missed you," he said softly. "Are you ok? Are you hurt? Who do I have to kill?" he asked with a growl.

"I missed you too. And don't worry I'm fine," I told him with a reassuring smile. "Are you sure?" he asked me. "Did Roman try anything on you?"

"No! I am fine Elias. I promise."

"Ok," he said. I was still in shock from our kiss. I looked down at his pink swollen lips realizing I wanted another taste. And by the looks of it, so did he.

We both leaned in to kiss for the second time. "Get a room," Blaike barked at us causing me to move my lips away from Elias' and slowly look back at my friends.

"Oh, shut up Blaike. You just ruined their moment," Saphira complained. "Well, I am glad you're ok Leilani, but now is not the time. Latum Alterum depends on us," Sebastian said. I could see the annoyance in his eyes as he stared at us.

"Hater," I heard Neha mumble underneath her breath. He was right. Now was not the time, but he also needed to relax. Elias was my mate and I was his. I damn hoped Sebastian's mate would show up soon so he could leave me alone.

"Right," I finally answered back taking a step away from Elias. He immediately interlocked his hand with mine. I smiled at the gesture.

"Uh, we brought you blood, just in case you were thirsty," Violet said. "What even happened?"

"Thank you. Well, Nailah basically kidnapped me and brought me to Roman. He demanded that I find the bracelet, and so I did. Now he's wearing it and we're doomed."

"Perfect explanation," Blaike responded.

I took the blood from Violet which caused Lucian to immediately turn away from me. I quickly gulped down four packets. Almost immediately, my strength came back.

"I can't believe Nailah betrayed me," Sebastian said angrily as he placed his hand on his forehead. "I can believe it," Mateo responded.

"She likes you Sebastián and hates the fact that you don't like her back," I told him.

"Well, betraying me is not going to prove anything. I can't believe she would even do such a thing."

All of a sudden, I began to hear the sound of many paws hitting the ground. I looked far in a distance to see Mateo and an army of wolves behind him. Once he approached me, he gave me my sword.

Suddenly, a white light erupted through the air. This time we didn't fall back. We stood still feeling confused.

"What was that?" I asked out loud.

"Latum Alterum..." Sebastian answered.

"What do you mean?" Elias asked him.

"Well here's the thing. When the bracelet is worn, all the domains are merged together. So instead of this place being divided into four different regions, it's now one."

"So if I run really far, I'll find myself in Regnum Caeli?" Raphael asked.

"Pretty much. The portals to go to the other domains are now useless," Sebastian said. I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

"Ok we need to get Isidora and Jasper," I stated. I looked to see Oleta looking concerned. "Can I come?" she asked me. "It's best if you stay here. It'll be safer. And don't worry, I'll be back before you even know it," I said to her reassuringly.

"I'll come too," Elias added.

"Elias-"

"I am not losing you again," he said. I looked into his eyes to see a flash of fear. "Ok," I responded.

"Alright, we'll be right back," I told the others.

-

"I mind-linked Jasper, they should be here shortly," Elias said. We were currently standing near a tree that was located near the east side of the castle.

"I don't get it. I would think Roman would have Isidora locked up or something. He isn't even stopping her," I said.

"Yeah, I don't get it either." As soon as they approached us, I gave Isidora a hug as Elias did the same to Jasper.

"Thank you," Isidora said. I smiled back feeling grateful that she was ok. "Oleta. We have your mother," I told her. "You do?" she asked in surprise. "Yes, she's safe with the others. Don't worry," I exclaimed.

"Oh, thank you, Leilani." She immediately embraced me again in a hug. "It was my pleasure," I responded.

"Ok, where is Roman? Shouldn't he be trying to kill us right about now?" Elias asked.

"Well, you see that's the thing. We don't know where he is," Jasper said.