⚫Chapter 14⚫

I opened my eyes to see a dark ceiling staring back at me. I slowly began to move my head trying to make out where I was. Immediately the thoughts of Kenna hovering over my bed, her stabbing me with that needle, and her carrying me out of the cabin and into the car trunk came flooding back to me. I looked down to see that I was lying down on what seemed like a bed, however I was strapped by belts, which prevented me from going anywhere. I began to move again hoping to free myself, but there was no point. It was clear that I was going nowhere.

"Hello?" I called out feeling afraid. I wasn't able to see that far, especially because the room was terribly dark. Looking around, I tried my best to take in my surroundings. I noticed what seem to be a desk near me. It was messy with sheets of paper scattered all over it and a few books. I also noticed that there were candles around this room. Not just a few, but perhaps maybe twenty or thirty. Where on earth was I? There were book shelves placed on the back of the wall. There were also maps, and images on the wall too. However, I couldn't make out what those images were. Peculiar looking antiques were also situated around the room. It seemed like there was a wolf-like statue near the window, a black one to be more specific.

Suddenly the door opened and in walked a lady whom I had never seen before. She appeared to be in her mid 40s. Her skin was pale and her hair was a bit grey. "Oh you're awake," she said approaching me. I shook in fear not understanding what was happening. "W-Who are you and where am I?" I asked her. "My real name is irrelevant, but you have called me something else before," she said with a grin. All of sudden, there was no longer a middle aged lady standing in front of me, but instead it was Kenna. "Kenna," I breathed out feeling utterly confused.

"What?" I gasped in confusion. "H-How did you do that?" She walked to the desk and began to shuffle the papers, as if she was looking for something. "I'm a witch. I can do basically anything," she laughed. My brows furrowed as I tried to process what was going on. "What do you mean a w-witch?" I repeated, stuttering.

"You know, a witch that does witchcraft. Not the ones that fly on a broomstick or have an ugly pointed nose," she chuckled. "Just a regular witch that casts spells and loves to do magic," she added with a cheeky smile.

"So Kenna is actually a witch and not a girl I go to school with?" I asked afraid for her answer. "Precisely. Kenna doesn't really exist. She's just my coverup so I didn't look sketchy."

My head was pounding, which didn't help in me trying to grasp the gravity of this situation I was in. "Let me explain. There's something different about you, something powerful. You obviously have no idea and your friends, parents, and pack members are fools because they're also clueless. I purposely bumped into you that day when I dropped your food. I knew I needed to get close to you, so what better way than to pretend I am a new girl in town, trying to fit in a new environment who desperately needs a friend or two?"

I laid there trying to recollect how we had met and the progression of our friendship up until this moment. She bumped into me on purpose that day? This wasn't making any sense. 

"Don't try to understand this," she said moving closer to me. "Just cooperate and everything will be okay," she added.

"Why have you kidnapped me? Where are we?"

"I mean, I wouldn't have been able to talk to you around your friends or family, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to get you alone. And where we are is the least of your concerns. I'm not going to kill you or anything, but I will hurt you if you don't cooperate."

I began to squirm feeling fearful of what she was capable of. I knew that witches existed, but I never thought I would ever face one, not like this anyway. "Oh and there's no point in trying to escape, you won't be going anywhere until you give me what I need," she said with a grin.