⚫Chapter 55⚫

I pushed my sword deeper into its chest until it lay still on my petite body. It was heavy but with great force, I pushed it off and got up craving more death from the enemy. The blood on my sword glistened in the dark. I took my tongue and slowly l licked it off.

I suddenly became very thirsty for blood. But not just any blood; their blood. So I listened to my conscious. With speed, I jumped onto a wolf stabbing it in the back. With my hand still on the sword, I leaned down biting into its body. After sucking its maroon liquid, I jumped from wolf to wolf and bit into their furry bodies sucking the blood right out of them.

I also grasped my sword tightly as I slitting their throats and chopped off their heads. It was a miracle that I wasn't dead yet. These wolves weren't just any wolves. They breathed out fire and were twice the size of the werewolves that lived in Latum Alterum.

With quick instincts, I turned around to see at least ten wolves making their way towards the North; Regnum Terram. With stamina, I ran fast and jumped onto the nearest one biting into its back. Jasper joined me and started to wrestle with the others. It was getting bloody. I took this time to look at our side again to see we no longer had a thousand. We were down to five hundred. Water would only hold them down for a bit. We still needed help.

I ran towards the back of our army after seeing Roman's wolves trying to get to Regnum Aqua. Elias and Neha joined me and started attacking the wolves as they tried to get past us. Then out of nowhere, a monstrous howl escaped into the air. I turned quickly looking in the direction of where the sound came from. I looked slightly to the right to see something creeping up on a high rocky mountain in the distance.

"What is that," I mumbled. It was like the whole world stopped. The loud growling from our werewolves stopped for a brief moment as everyone looked up to see what was on the mountain.

It was at least one hundred feet. This monster wolf had jet black fur and a huge scar was located on its belly. It stood on its hind legs as it opened its mouth to snarl viciously. Despite it being far away, I could see its red eyes as they shone like in the dark.

"What is that thing?" I heard Blaike ask. My chest moved up and down as I breathed in and out through my mouth. "It's Roman," I said while staring at the beast.

So after slicing open a werewolf's body in half, I ran through the army of wolves trying to make it to the monster. It jumped off the cliff and started racing towards my direction. My muscles raced with warmth as I felt the blood pumping through my veins.

"Leilani! What are you doing?" Elias' voice echoed through my head. I ignored my mate's worried voice and continued running full force towards the devil himself. I suddenly found myself rolling on the ground. I got up in confusion to see who had pushed me. Gray had pushed me. "Elias! Why would you do that?" I yelled at him. Was he blind? "He can rip your body to shreds! Stand down!" he said.

I huffed in annoyance and looked over at Roman to see him still making his way towards our army. He was getting closer and closer. As he approached us, I jumped out from the side and lunged towards him. He instantly slapped me away with his sharp claws sending me flying towards a big tree. My back collided with it causing me to yell in pain. I fell onto the muddy ground feeling a sensation of discomfort.

I got up ignoring the soreness I was feeling in my back. I watched as Sebastián leaped onto Roman but was thrown over a river of lava and luckily landed on the stone ground. But he, unfortunately, slipped causing one of his back paws to slip into the hot orange liquid. He howled in pain removing it instantly from the river.

I watched as he moved his mouth towards his paw and breathed out water onto it soothing his burn. He then got up and began racing towards Roman once again, but this time he had his mouth open. Water suddenly came crashing against the monster, causing him to put his claws up in defence.

"We need help! He's far too strong for any of us," Lucian said. All of a sudden, the sound of howling from both ends of the North echoed loudly through the night. I looked to see a large wolf standing alone on the hill. I then saw a string of wolves appear from behind it as they began to howl too.

I then looked into the East to see a brown-reddish wolf do the same with its army of wolves. I then noticed a familiar silver wolf standing next to the Alpha and smiled in relief. We were no longer alone for Alpha Adamus and Alpha Nephele and their packs were here to help us.