⚫Chapter 21⚫

Thursday, November 15

My friends and I descended down the stairs in a hurry. My father had just called everyone for a mandatory pack meeting. "Alright quiet!" he shouted as everyone gathered downstairs. I stood in between Saphira and Nathan as my friends and I all looked over at my father.

"What's going on?" Nathan silently asked me. "I don't know."

"Do you know anything about this?" Saphira asked me."No, I don't." And that was the truth. I had no idea what my father was going to talk about. Did someone die? Were we in danger?

"In a month from now, all werewolves between ages sixteen to twenty-three will be on their way to The Other Side." The room immediately was filled with gasps and whispers.

"We're going to The Other Side?" Saphira repeated. "I guess we are," Lucian replied.

I couldn't believe it. The Other Side was another 3D dimensional world just for werewolves. They lived there freely without hiding or covering up who they truly were. All of us had heard stories about The Other Side, but we never expected we would get to go there. Especially as teenagers.

"Why, might I ask?" a teenage boy questioned my father.

"There is a war going on over there and I believe you guys have the potential to resolve it."

"Ok, this sounds super sketchy but exciting at the exact same time," Saphira whispered to me.

Going to The Other Side sounded interesting, but I had a burning question. Was I going too?

-

"Why are you sending us to The Other Side?" Lucian asked my parents. My parents, friends, and I were all gathered in y father's office to have a private chat.

"Zander already told you guys why," my mother said. "What is it like over there?" Saphira asked with excitement. "That's for us to know, and for you all to find out," my father replied. I was utterly confused. "What else do you want to tell us?" Blaike asked.

"Well, we want you guys to be in charge. There are about thirty-five of you going there, and you five will be the leaders."

"Wait, I'm going too?" I asked. "Yes, you will be going too," my mother stated. "But I'm a vampire. Are there any vampires over there?"

"No, The Other Side is a realm for werewolves only," my father stated. "So why am I going?"

"Because we don't label you as a vampire, you are one of us," my mother said. "I don't understand," I answered back. My father excused my friends leaving my parents and me all alone. "I'm not allowed to leave the house, but you're sending me to another dimensional world?"

"There's nothing to worry about. There will be no humans or vampires, and you'll be under protection."

"Why exactly are you sending us there?" I asked my father. "There is a war over there, and they believe you guys can resolve it."

"You already said that before," I grunted. "I don't believe you. How long have you known about this?"

"We were going to send you guys there regardless. Now just seems like the perfect time."

"How is now the perfect time?" I asked them. "Leilani, maybe you should just get some rest. We can talk more tomorrow," my mother said. I groaned before heading out of the office. "So, are you coming with us?" Saphira asked me as we both walked upstairs to our rooms.

"Yes, apparently I am..."

"You don't seem happy about it. What's wrong?"

"I'm a vampire going to another dimension filled with werewolves; people I don't even know. That's what's wrong."

After saying goodnight to her and to the others, I entered my room and threw myself onto my bed. I then grabbed my phone and texted Elias.

Hey.

I rested it on my nightstand and started to get ready for bed. After I finished washing my face, brushing my teeth, and using the bathroom, I changed out of my clothing and into a tank top and climbed into bed.

Hey.

Did anything interesting happen tonight at your packhouse? Like an announcement of some sort?

I waited for about two minutes until he replied.

Yeah, they're sending us to The Other Side.