Grumpy beginnings

I move wildly with my arms. The water is freezing! I never knew the Thames was this cold in this time of year, I mean okay it is still spring but in two weeks it is summer. The water is black as coal, I can't see a thing. Great, I broke up with my boyfriend and I am drowning. I see the newspaper of today already; girl slips into the Thames and drowns because of her own stupidity.

Great.

Suddenly the water moves and four hands are grasping my coat and my arms. I cough when they pull me on dry land.

Land, mud, sand. Where am I?

I cough again, my chest feels heavy of the amount of water I swallowed. 'My lady? Are you alright?' Someone asks stammered. I nod, still coughing up water. Hands pull me up, so I am sitting on my butt. 'Thankyou' I moan. I open my eyes and see four children?

'My lady?' one of the boys asks me, looking at me in curiosity. I look at them, they are dressed like they live in the dark ages. Is there a festival or something?

Maybe Tess and I could dress up like princesses...

'Are you alright?' One of the boys, with black curly hair and bright blue eyes sits on his knees before me. 'How did you end up in the river?' He asks me. 'Mr. Frodo' One boy stands at the edge of our little group, looking around in suspicious. 'Wait a moment Sam' The boy, Frodo replies. 'We have to get moving, they are behind us!'

'We can't leave her like this! If they find her!' Another boy shrieks at Sam. He has also curly golden hair. Sam looks again at the road, if he is nervous. I stand up and Frodo does the same. 'I am alright. I let you be. Have fun!' I say and turn around. I go back to Tess, I am going to bed. But where is there? Quickly I turn around and to my surprise, the boys are still there. 'Do you know how I get to the Big Ben?' From there I know the way home. 'And did you know if there was a man looking for me?' They look at me like I am crazy. 'Big ben?' The last boy who hasn't said anything asks me. 'Yeah, you know, the big tower clock, famous in England. The country where we are now. In our capital' They still look if I am mad. 'London?' I ask them quietly. 'Mister Frodo, she is mad, we have to go now' Sam says to Frodo, tugging at his sleeve. 'What' I shriek. 'I am not mad! And how do I name you guys, dressed like they live in the dark ages' They look at their clothing and back at me. 'This shirt is handmade and it the buttons are made of the best silver in the Shire!' The golden haired boy yells back.

Shire?

Am I in France or something, did I really cross the canal?

I shake my head. 'Look I am sorry, but I had a tough day. Can you tell me where I am, please' They look at each other and Frodo steps forward. 'My lady, you are at the edge of the Shire. Near the village of Bree'

'Which country?' My voice sounds small. 'Country? I think you hit your head real hard My lady, but we are standing in Middle Earth' Sam speaks up. Middle Earth?

What the hell is going on! Where am I?

'We are heading to Bree, My lady' Frodo tells me polite. 'There is an Inn, called the Prancing Pony. Maybe there can you seek help' I nod my head. 'Thankyou' I give him a hand. 'My name is Sara Blackwood' Frodo smiles and even though it is night and there are no lanterns here, I can see his dimples. 'Frodo Baggins' He says and it is like I hear a cry in the nightly sky. Sam steps forward and he offers me his hand, I take it with a smile. ''My name is Samwise Gamee, My Lady'

'Hi Sam' I know he blushes and steps back. The two other boys step forward and make a little bow, not taking my hand. 'I am Peregrin Took' The gold haired boy says. 'And I am Meriadoc Brandybuck' The other one with slightly dark blond hair says. 'Hi to you too' I grin. A horrifying shriek fill the nightly sky. The boys jump in fear. 'We have to hurry' Frodo says and starts walking. 'Sara!' He calls my name when I not start walking. 'Oh, yes of course' I say hurriedly and walk after them.